Search results

1. Keydash

Hot water line size

Uncertain about what size of hot water line to use. Small structure: 1 shower, lav, toilet, washer, kit sink. The cold water line is 3/4 pex reducing to 1/2 at the bibs, then to 3/8 at fixtures other than the washer. I will be using an on demand water heater connected to the pex through a...
  2. Keydash

DWV Question

Thank you all for taking your time to take the confusion out...Looks like I will be getting dirty this week end.
  3. Keydash

DWV Question

I had thought that the shower vent also served as a vent for the toilet. The wye after the toilet is for the bath sink.
  4. Keydash

DWV Question

Hope the pic speaks for itself, except for the trap on it's side. The 2" tee is a vent. Is this setup correct? What angle should be used for the Tee/Wye?
  5. Keydash

Woods cabin DWV

Well now this is interesting...washed vent is new to me, but I appreciate the observation. I have uploaded a modified layout. Is this more in line with a "washed vent"? Any thoughts on my sink question. BTW the closest plumber to my cabin is a 100 mile round trip.
  6. Keydash

Woods cabin DWV

OK...good point, I'll be cool and add a cleanout to my vertical vent. If all looks good, the vents are now my main concern. The shower drain is 3' from the main line and the 3†vertical vent connection, do I need an individual vent for the shower? It seems that the closeness of the 3â€...
  7. Keydash

Woods cabin DWV

I am finally ready to begin plumbing my cabin in the woods. I am starting with the bathroom and have laid out the drain routes on paper. Here are the parts listed in order of connection: 3" vertical vent pipe, 90 elbow (transition to horizontal), 3x2 Y (leg up), 3x3 T, straight run of 5 feet, 90...
  8. Keydash

water to woods cabin

The first and most worrisome part is now completed. The advice I received was invaluable. I switched back to 1.5 polyethylene as a result of Gary’s last comment. The pipe supplier was one 500 foot roll short when I arrived, they had 7 the day before. After much discussion I ended up with 2 inch...
  9. Keydash

water to woods cabin

70 psi at main line. A local supply house told me they have 2 inch PVC gasket pipe for 43 cents per foot. This is about a $350 savings over polyethylene and 1/2 inch larger.
  10. Keydash

water to woods cabin

I have appreciated all of the advice given to my quest for answers. My understanding of pipe size and water pressure is more limited than I thought. But I am at last feeling more comfortable with my decision to run a water line to the cabin. I will measure the psi at the main house this weekend.
  11. Keydash

water to woods cabin

Cabin is currently being built. It was suggested that I could use a booster pump if the pressure was not quite what was needed. So will layout the line in such a way that I can add the booster later if needed. Any thoughts?
  12. Keydash

water to woods cabin

So Gary, you suggest (160 psi in sandy soil) 1000' + 500' + fittings, negligible elevation change, connected to a 1" service line. What happens at the other end when I turn the water on?
  13. Keydash

water to woods cabin

I grant you it is just a cabin but I want to equip it for extended stays. Could be used for guests or who knows, a deer hunting cabin. So water is needed and a well will cost about $7000, hence my choice of an $1100 water line. And yes I will bury it about 20 inches deep. Enough so that some day...
  14. Keydash

water to woods cabin

Thanks for your help. Sorry my thanks took so long. My project is slowly creeping forward. I requested prices on polyethylene from a pipe supply store and they recommended 1.5. According to them the fittings for the 1.25 are not as easy to find. I am assuming that this will work just as well if...
  15. Keydash

water to woods cabin

I have a small cabin in the woods used for the occasional get away. I would like to run a branch line off of the water line that services our main residence. The line servicing the main residence is 1 inch, the distance to the cabin is 1300 ft. & I would like to use pex. The cabin will have a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks