Search results

1. T

New Drain for backwashing filters?

That is some nice plumbing indeed. The filter will put out roughly 8gpm from 3/4" tubing. From what I understand, that's a lot more water than what a washer puts out. Will a standard 2" washer standpipe work, or will I need to go larger? Thanks, again!
  2. T

Can anyone help me? I can access the drain and vent inside the wall (to the adjacent bathroom), but not sure whether I should put in a standpipe or just drain it directly to the main drain. I'm sure purist here will say to install a new standpipe and properly vent it, but wondering if I really...
  3. T

Hi, I'm getting ready to purchase a couple of backwashing whole-house filters and plan on putting them in my garage next too my water heater and cold water main. The problem I have is that I have no drain in the garage. On the other side of that wall, however, is my master bedroom bath, and so...
  4. T

Sudden degradation of water quality

Thanks for your reply, Gary, and most of all, thanks for your patience with me. I wouldn't want to suggest that you'd sell me anything that I wouldn't need, but I was hoping to educate myself on this stuff and try to understand why I need all of this stuff you're recommending and why my simple...
  5. T

I conducted another water test (twice) and confirmed the following; nitrates: 0 nitrites: 0 Alkalinity: 120ppm pH: ~6 hardness: almost zero iron: 3ppm bacteria: negative Given that I only have a slight hardness and iron problem and no bacteria, do I really need all the treatment...
  6. T

Yeah, the well guy admitted knowing very little about water quality. I would imagine that the drop in pH can cause iron to leach into the water. But, what causes high pH? Could lawn fertilizer contamination causes the change? I know I need to do some sort of treatment of the water coming into...
  7. T

Hi All, I just got some testing results from my well guy. He checked everything out and said it's definitely an iron problem. Water tests resulted in the following... Iron 4ppm Hardness 6ppm pH 6 So, from the test last year, the pH dropped to acidic and iron was up significantly from...
  8. T

Thanks for your reply... in my cartridge filter, there's nothing slimy or snotty (thank God!). It just looks dirty and looks like orange silt. In the toilet tanks, everything below the water line is stained orange. It rubs off a bit on your fingers when you touch it, but it's not slimy to the...
  9. T

Hi all, I've frequented this forum several times in the past year - this is my first post. I moved into a newly constructed home Sept 07, and my water quality was really good. It was the cleanest water I've ever seen and tasted. Though, when I closed on the house, we did have an issue with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks