Search results

1. Mr. Overkill

PEX connectors

Hi all, I have a question about methods for connecting PEX pipe to brass PEX fittings. I’m in the market for a PEX connection tool for DIY that is reliable and won’t brake the bank. (I know reliability and cheap don’t go together but I won't be using the tool on a regular basis...
  2. Mr. Overkill

Bending type M rigid copper

Plumguy- Thanks for your reply, There is no supplier of that type of fitting in my small town. Would I be better off to order online and redo with the proper fitting or would the differance in balanced pressure so little it wouldn't be worth my sweat and heartache of redoing. -David
  3. Mr. Overkill

HJ- Here is a copy of the design guide I went by. I went by the picture, to late now. :confused: The fine print to the left says "A pressure balancing loop must always be used with body sprays to allow for equal supply of water to each spray". Here is also a link to pics of my final...
  4. Mr. Overkill

HJ- Are you saying that the loop is worthless the way I did it (drop L's instead of drop T's), or I just could have done it your way also, or your way is just as good as a loop with drop T's? I'm confused. By the way I reconfigured piping systed so I don't need to use the soft copper...
  5. Mr. Overkill

Thanks I only did the loop because moen specified it in the install specs. -David
  6. Mr. Overkill

sorry, another question to add to the other 4 I could not find a drop L in the T configuration to make my body spay pressure loop so I T'd off to regular drop L's. Is this configuration OK, or am I crating more pressure loss with to many corner for water to go around? If so I can order the...
  7. Mr. Overkill

Two more questions This is the 1st time I ever actually soldered in vavles and didn't realize how long it took to heat up the valve before the solder would melt, even though I was using map gas. After soldering all the valve connections I was sort of in the heating mode and might have over...
  8. Mr. Overkill

Well the town is out of soft copper so I started soldering the other pieces today. It started off bad when the solder wouldn't seep into the joint. I figurred it was a flux problem since its been in the hot van for about 2 weeks so went to get some fresh stuff. That did the trick. By the time I...
  9. Mr. Overkill

Thanks RUGGED and jimbo, I'll go buy some soft copper today and start soldering. -David
  10. Mr. Overkill

Thanks RioHyde- Is the soldering process on the soft stuff the same as the rigid? -David
  11. Mr. Overkill

I have a little extra time on my hands while my wife is cooking dinner so thought I'd give a more personal reply to all. Mark- Liked your idea but don't think its for me, thank you anyway. :) RioHyde- I was under the impression that Type L was thinner than Type M because of the...
  12. Mr. Overkill

WOW!! Thanks for all the replies everyone. I appreciate all the replies. :D Well I spent the whole day working on the house today on other projects after trying the heating and bending idea. It worked really well but ended up not using it anyway. After it cooled down I was still able to...
  13. Mr. Overkill

Thanks for the reply Mark I really appreciate it. I wanted to use the type M pipe for the added protection of the thick wall copper. I already tried using a conduit bender and that kinked it within a 10 degree bend, I like the heating idea. :D I will try heating and bending tommarow...
  14. Mr. Overkill

Hi all, I hope you can help. CX from John Bridge forum sent me over here. I have 2 threads going over there: http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=279339#post279339 http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24312 I've been construction phase of building a house for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks