Search results

1. NewTrinidad

Tampons and Rootx

video @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k90gmWLZ8Uw 40 ft: exits house 48 ft: roots and separation 53 ft: completely full of roots 61 ft: transition from cast iron to Transite or Orangeburg 90 ft: city street Starts 93 ft: root intrusion beginning 100 ft: city main tap Suggestions of what to...
  2. NewTrinidad

Sewer Main under front door?

The main waste pipe is dead center of the house. If it exits the house straight, it will be directly under the the front steps. Is this common or is it angled out to the street? thanks.
  3. NewTrinidad

Tampons and Rootx

The plumbing company whom my home warranty sent will not snake the drain because I could not get it to back-up! I asked if they could wait around while I took a shower, did the dishes and ran the washing machine but no luck. They also said I would be repsonsible for the full fee if they...
  4. NewTrinidad

Tampons and Rootx

Sorry it is an existing home, new to me. The house was built in 1948, the sewer main is cast iron and I am guessing terra cotta in the yard. The house has a basement, and a 50 year old maple tree probably 15 feet from the line. There is very little landscaping. I will get a video from a...
  5. NewTrinidad

Tampons and Rootx

I also have a new piece of information, the tree is a silver maple. I read that these trees infiltrate lines moreso than Oak. One last question, when I hire a plumber to camera the line should I select one who can perform both relineing and repiping? Can relineing be done by any plumber or...
  6. NewTrinidad

Tampons and Rootx

Thanks for the replies. The plumber who services the home warranty will not camera the line after snaking even if I pay for it. They send a separate serviceman to do that. The company will also only replace the line, not use other techniques such as install a liner or jet and apply RootX...
  7. NewTrinidad

Tampons and Rootx

Just moved into a house couple of months ago. After one month the line backed up and I had it snaked by the home warranty. The plumber showed me it was due to roots and tampons. So I waited 2 months and applied RootX. The RootX was actually three days ago. The basement drain overflowed...
  8. NewTrinidad

Cleanout help

Thanks for the great advice!
  9. NewTrinidad

Cleanout help

I "installed" RootX today in a home I have lived in for a short time. I applied pipe dope on the cleanout but had a hardtime tightening it down because it had too much crud on it. It appears it has been frequently removed, probably due to the roots. I am not sure if the compound was not...
  10. NewTrinidad

Light Switch Behind Plumbing

Thanks for everyone's reply! Your comments have been very helpful. One wire is cloth and the other is conduit. The electrical box is a light switch to the ceiling light. which is just a hallway between the bedroom and the living room. The basement apartment has not been occupied in...
  11. NewTrinidad

Light Switch Behind Plumbing

I am having the basement apartment of my 1920 row house renovated and am concerned with the way the contractor has framed the bath. Is it OK to have a light switch the opposite side of a shower faucet?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks