Search results

1. ct-esq

sump pump discharge line size - is 1.5" PVC enough?

My submersible sump pump is rated at 55 GPM at 10ft of head. The discharge pipe rises from the pit, to the basement ceiling and then across the basement to discharge on the other side of the house. The entire run is piped with 1.5" Sch 40 PVC. I've read that the max flow on a 1.5' PVC is...
  2. ct-esq

thoughts and opinions on the SJE D-Master pump switch

Several forum members swear by the SJE Rhombus Verticalmaster pump switch. It looks like SJE has another product, the SJE D-master, which is another pump switch, but it is a non-tethered, pressure activated, diaphragm switch. it has 10" of travel, longer than the vertical master's 6.5"...
  3. ct-esq

WTB: vertical float with about 10" travel OR double float

I have a submersible pump and, after researching on this site, determined that I have been pumping out groundwater because the pump's integrated float switch is too short. I could probably put the pump on a brick to raise it up, but i've determined that the vertical float is best (i'm open to...
  4. ct-esq

how to pipe the sump discharge into street catchbasin

I'll leave the sordid story of my twice wet basement for another time, but I received permission from my town to pipe my sump (and gutter) discharge into the catchbasin. You see, I live on the corner of two streets and at that corner is catch basin. A prior owner routed a PVC pipe to the...
  5. ct-esq

Reputation of ABS Robusta sump pump / sump pump configuration issues

Given the failure of the integral float switch in less than one year of operation, I'm interested in the members' opinion of the ABS Robusta sump pump. My plumber installed a submersible ABS Robusta 1/2 hp pump in Feb 2008 after the existing 1/3 hp Rigid pedestal pump failed to move the water...
  6. ct-esq

Opinions - HydroCheck HiLo Switch

For a variety of reasons, this is on the way to me because the float switch integral to the ABS Robusta 1/2hp pump in the sump pit has finally failed after 72 hours of intermittent error. You should know that the ABS Robusta was installed NEW in Feb 2008. I chose this product because after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks