Search results

1. joek

Vent setup ok?

I'm not sure I totally understand FloridaOrange's view. I guess the only way I see that it would vent, if at all, is where the 1.5" pvc tub drain connects to the 2" x 2" x 1.5" wye, and it would have to go up the 2" elbow and into that 2" vent. This would put it under the drain of the sink...
  2. joek

Vent setup ok?

No, does not run uphill, just a poor drawing. It has a 1/4" per foot decline from the tub to the wye, and the wye is on an angle, 45 degrees maybe. The drawing shows the wye coming out the bottom, but in reality it is coming out of your screen, on an angle if that makes sense.
  3. joek

Vent setup ok?

The 1.5" run from tub drain is approx 3 ft , and the 2" pipe is 2-3 feet to the main stack vent. There is a partition wall behind the tub, but not much room to run the vent up, although if needed I'll have to find a way. I am under UPC code also if that will make a difference.
  4. joek

Vent setup ok?

I'm wondering if someone can look at this diagram I made looking at the plumbing in my house from the bathroom side. Basically it is a 5x 8 bath and you are looking at the 8 foot wall, the toilet connects to the 4 inch stack, followed by a sink in the middle and the bathtub all the way to the...
  5. joek

P trap height too low?

Thanks, Can you clarify what the 18 or 20 inches you were talking about is referring to? Is that the drop from the top of the sink to the trap? As long as 13" above the finished floor will work, I guess I'll leave it and test once the sinks in place before the sheetrock goes up on the other...
  6. joek

P trap height too low?

I'm doing some remodeling in my bathroom and we set the height of the 1.5" PVC fitting that enters the wall(the part that the p trap would connect to) at 13" AFF. After reading some more on the internet it looks like standard height is 16" AFF, so I'm wondering if I am going to run into issues...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks