Search results

1. pogue1000

Cold End of the House

I forget the actual size furnace,, i am think somewhere around 70-90,000 btu. It is a Goodman and has been a trouble free furnace. The furnace actually does seem to work quite a bit at times. But part of that i think is because the thermostat is close to a drafty laundry room that i need to...
  2. pogue1000

Cold End of the House

Just really looking at some options here. I have a 1300sq ranch that is on a slab. I have a down blowing furnace that feeds the vents that flow around outside perimeter of the house. I really hate living on a slab at times. Well one end of the house is pretty warm, however the other end...
  3. pogue1000

Got a decent Shock! Ouch.

Thats why i am a computer programmer :) and just a DIYer at heart :) Wife hates it!
  4. pogue1000

Well i have a baby coming in July, sooo hopefully my wife will name it after me if i dont make it :D My pulse seems fine and blood pressure is fine. I called the on call doctor and he didnt seem to to concerned. My guess is just probably my nerves. As for why it happend there is two...
  5. pogue1000

Well I was hanging a ceiling fan yesterday and had the switch off but there was another wire that was hot and when i put the bracket up there i got a very nice shock for a couple seconds. It really hurt because i had both my hands on the bracket! Obviously I am alive and ok... but learned...
  6. pogue1000

Water Pipes in Attic

Thanks alot! I will give that a shot and see how it goes. I might still wrap the pex tubing with a heat tape for a situation where it might get frozen or really cold out. Should i put a seperate heat tape on each line,, or just put the two 3/4" pipes together and wrap them up together.
  7. pogue1000

Water Pipes in Attic

Thanks that drawing makes sense. I have 4" ceiling joists so I could just set it on top of that. So should i keep the the foam wrap around it? Or keep it off so heat can get to the pipe?
  8. pogue1000

Water Pipes in Attic

Thanks for response. Only negative thing about that option is the way the ceiling joists are running perpendicular and would require them to be drilled to get down to the drywall. It really is annoying living on a slab. I should of ran them through the walls I am starting to think.
  9. pogue1000

Water Pipes in Attic

Well I added a new master bath to my house and I live on a slab so i ran the CPVC water pipes through the attic. About a 30 foot run of pipe. I live in Northern Indiana and it got into negatives last couple days so it froze. I had some insulated tubing around them and had them laying in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks