Search results

1. bergs54

C900 dr 18 to cast iron transition coupling

Just as a foll just as a follow up - spoke with the pipe manufacturer and they said the 1/8” lip is acceptable
  2. bergs54

Sealing test plug on old cast iron

Problem I’m having is it won’t hold water for 15 min. It a tiny tiny amount but it’s dropping. I’ll try the extension and see if I can get it to seal further down the pipe.
  3. bergs54

Sealing test plug on old cast iron

Getting ready for my pressure test on my new sewer lateral and have to place a test plug in the old 4” cast iron drain coming out of the house. Problem is, I can’t get the plug to seal on the cast iron; the water level goes down very slpowlt but it does go down. I’ve elongated the possibility...
  4. bergs54

C900 dr 18 to cast iron transition coupling

Hello, I’m in the process of completing my sewer lateral replacement and have a question about transition fittings. The new lateral is C900 dr 18 (city requirement bc of shallow depth of line) and the cleanout s are cast iron (another city requirement). Both plumbing supply houses that I...
  5. bergs54

Gas Water Heater -- Fresh Air Intake Ducts

Thanks for the info. Your approach makes a lot of sense.
  6. bergs54

Thanks for the tips. Yes, there is an electric dryer in there. I think it w said 1 square inch per 1,0000 BTU's so 38 sq. inches just for the water heater (have to look at dryer specs) So, are we talking a simple register like those used for heating / cooling or is there special air intake...
  7. bergs54

Hello, I am planning to replace my current gas water heater with a 38,000 btu unit. I've noticed that the installation instructions as well as the building / plumbing code (I'm in California) require sufficient air for combustion. The water heater will be in a laundry room that is about...
  8. bergs54

Removing T&P Valve

I'm kind of embarrassed to ask this question, but how to I remove a T&P valve when there is not enough clearance between it and the gas hood to rotate valve? Thanks!
  9. bergs54

Americast Cambridge Drain and Overflow Assembly

Due to its depth and the thickness of the americast material, it appears that the Americast Cambridge is designed to accept two drain and overflow assemblies, both made by American Standard. However, the reviews I've seen of those drains have been poor. Is there another drain and overflow...
  10. bergs54

Increasing Space in front of toilet

Great thanks.
  11. bergs54

Increasing Space in front of toilet

Are there any toilets out there that will give me more clear space between the toilet and tub? Right now, if the stars align properly, I'll get 21" inches. I'd like to install a 32" wide tub, but that's going to further decrease my clear space, so I'm wondering if there is a toilet out there...
  12. bergs54

Replumbing a Bath

So, based on further reading here, it looks like the toilet drain set up I had done above was incorrect because other fixtures drained in before the toilet vent. I have attached two different options which I believe fix that problem, and I was wondering if one would be preferred over the other...
  13. bergs54

Replumbing a Bath

Thanks for the responses. 1) As far as the long 90's on the lavs. I'm slightly confused by the code -- I thought all horizontal changes of direction had to be "a one-sixteenth (1/16) bend, one-eighth (1/8) bend, or one-sixth (1/6) bend, or other approved fittings of equivalent sweep". Are...
  14. bergs54

Replumbing a Bath

I've been reading this forum for a while and have found some really helpful advice and a vast amount of knowledge. Drawing on that advice, I have sketched out a design for the plumbing in my bathroom which is going to be remodeled shortly. The toilet and tub will be staying in the same...
  15. bergs54

Sewage Ejector Pump Location

Okay, thanks. I'll see what the plumber says when he comes to look at it.
  16. bergs54

Sewage Ejector Pump Location

Hello, I am in the process of adding a bathroom to an inlaw unit behind our house. The unit is about forty feet from the house sewer line. Best guess is the new bathroom will be about 1-2 ft below the bathroom of the house. I believe that I will have to install a sewage ejector pump in...
  17. bergs54

How to attach 3/4" shut off valve to cast iron

Okay, Thanks. What is involved in rethreading the pipe? Replacing the nipple is going to involve a fair amount of digging.
  18. bergs54

How to attach 3/4" shut off valve to cast iron

Hello, I am replacing a leaky main shut off valve to my house. I duplicating the exact set up that was there before except I am using brass valves / nipples instead of cast iron. The problem I am having is attaching the 3/4" brass shut off valve to the main water line coming from the city's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks