Search results

1. C

Sewer backflow preventer

I don't think you have a sewage ejector pit. Rather it looks like a past owner created a series of standpipes. In the 6/08 and 7/10 storms your neighbor's basements served as the reliefs. I think your "sump" pit has two pumps in it that are ejecting into the storm sewer system, only exagerrating...
  2. C

Who to call for new sump liner/pit?

I would like to have a larger sump pit/liner installed in our basement or a second pit. Is it best to call a plumber or someone that does foundation repair/basement water remediation? Thank you
  3. C

Aquanot II questions

I have an Aquanot II being shipped soon, I have the following questions: The instruction manual shows the primary pump on a brick at a higher level. Is this required or can both pumps sit flat in the crock but with the backup set to turn on at a higher water height? I notice the discharge...
  4. C

Basement Shower Wet Vent?

Thanks everyone for the replys. I have a better grasp from your help and reading other posts. My only explaination for the definite more than 5 feet but less than 8 feet of my shower drain (and observed install at my folks) is probably what Jar546 indicated. I did find the drain as indicated...
  5. C

Have I posted this in the wrong forum? Someone please let me know if I should be in the Shower/Bath or Remodeling forum. Thanks.
  6. C

I'm also trying to find answers myself. I have found a number of references to horizontal draining and wet vents. In an answer to someone's question regarding a shower base, NHMASTER, answered that a 2" horizontal drain could be run 6' before needing a vent. Does this still apply to system that...
  7. C

Our house was built in 2003 with a partially finished basement. The current bath is a half bath, but when I pulled a copy of the blueprints they called for a 3/4 bath to be roughed in. The prior owner of the home was the builder and he moved next door. So I asked him where the shower stub was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks