Search results

1. joder

Symmons Temptrol Seat Replacement

Jes, or anyone - In using a screw extractor to remove the cold water seat, how do yoiu know before it's too late if you are turning to hard and breaking the solder seal on the valve?:confused:
  2. joder

High toilet

Thank you. It's done - it doesn't leak and it is rock solid. I just need to work on the look of it to make it more seamless. Thanks for all the help.:):):):)
  3. joder

High toilet

Is it okay to shim a toilet that high (just for a little while).
  4. joder

High toilet

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll go with the 3/8" boards. Thanks for the help.:D
  5. joder

High toilet

How does this sound? I found a local plumber who is pretty good but is not available until after the holidays, which is about 30 holiday guests too late. So I think I'll temporarily set the toilet on 3/8" shims, sturdy it down and caulk and have it available for use until the plumber comes to...
  6. joder

High toilet

Is lowering the flange an easy job for an experienced plumber?
  7. joder

High toilet

I am replacing a 17 year old toilet with a new one. I found that the closet flange sits 3/8" above the floor. When I lower my new toilet onto the flange, there is a 3/8inch gap between the toilet and the floor. This is without the wax ring yet. Can I use shims to to adjust for this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks