Search results

1. DeweyBeach

Combing 24v and 120v systems on one thermostat

Here's my situation: I manage an older semi-commercial building, one part of which has hot water heating (radiators) as well as regular a/c with a compressor outside and an air handler in the attic. The a/c system runs on the usual 24 volts, but the hot water thermostat is 120v (the thermostat...
  2. DeweyBeach

Best replacement for old Mansfield frost-free sillcocks?

I have two 25+ year old Mansfield/Prier frost-free, anti-siphon outdoor sillcocks that are shot. I think both are sweated onto the pipes, but fortunately there's only drywall inside the house that can be cut and patched fairly easily. For the one near my driveway (currently just cold H2O) I'm...
  3. DeweyBeach

Multiple triggers for HVAC fan?

We have a 2H/2C Honeywell FocusPro 5000 thermostat in our home and it works great most of the time at controlling the temperature. However, our kitchen has several large greenhouse windows, and when the sun is at a certain angle, the solar heat makes the kitchen about 10 degrees hotter than the...
  4. DeweyBeach

Repair or Replace Heat Pump?

I have a Carrier Tech 2000 SS heat pump system that is around 14 years old. It was top-of-the-line when new. The air handler fan was replaced about 5 years ago, the evaporator coil in the air handler was replaced about a year ago when it leaked, and now the condenser tank in the compressor...
  5. DeweyBeach

Heat Pump Not Coming On

My Carrier heat pump is not coming on at all, although the air handler does move air. If I set the thermostat high enough, I get auxilliary (electric) heat, but the outside heat pump itself never activates. Similarly, if I set the system to cool and crank down the temp setting, the air handler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks