Search results

1. T

Water Leak and Meter Issue

Thanks!!! I appreciate the help.
  2. T

Thanks!! I have 1 1/4" PVC pipe in 20' sections so it would be a lot of joints to dig up is why I was looking at sections.
  3. T

No wet spots on the ground and I do have easy access to dig up the line. I have already dug it up too fix the major leak we had that started this mess. Any suggestions on a 400 foot line how many shut off's I should put in? Any suggestions on check valves being put in at the same time...
  4. T

O.K. Here is the latest and a question that I think I know the answer too but need some professional help. We just left for 4 days and I decided to turn off the water inside the house but at the street as well. Today when we got home I turned the meter back on and it took several minutes for...
  5. T

You are both correct. I have about 390-400 feet of pipe from the meter to my house cut off. We lived on well for about 11 years and the county ran water down our street last December and things have been fine until recently. The county did fix the small leak at the meter that connects into my...
  6. T

We have changed the main inside the house. I had a plumber come in and completely change everything from where it comes inside the house to where it hooks into my lines. He put in a brand new valve (brass this time) because our last one was PVC and he said might leak. Still the meter will...
  7. T

UPDATE!! Checked my meter and it does in fact run CCW when water is being used. The city came out and fixed the connection between my line and the meter which they hooked up. However I still show a small leak somewhere. They were curious that when the cut the line which comes down a hill to...
  8. T

I hope you are right. I did just now dig up the joint from the meter to the line in which the City hooked up not us and it has a small leak. I have called them to come out but who knows. The leak is very, very, small so I am not sure if that would case the triangle to move or not....anyone...
  9. T

If this is the case I have been told to start at the meter because in most cases where the city/county hook up the line to the homeowners is were it could be? I have been told that you should have about two foot or so of copper coming off the meter then into your PVC line if that be the case to...
  10. T

I have turned off the main cut off inside the house and the red triangle still moves ever so often only counter clockwise. I was told that water can move back into the main line when people use it down the line from me....didn't sound right but that is what I was told.
  11. T

I recently had a water leak outside and it was fixed. However now my red triangle on the water meter moves counter clockwise very, I mean very slowly, stopping at times for up to 30 seconds before moving again counter clockwise. Does this mean I have another leak underground? Should the dial...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks