Search results

1. Donn2390

AC/ condensate drain line. What is this mystery pipe?

I'm having my master bath remodeled and in doing so we pulled out the old double sink vanity yesterday. Under the sink on one side there is a 3/4 inch PVC pipe coming out of the wall near the drain pipe. There is a short pipe, about five inches in length, connected between the sink drain line...
  2. Donn2390

Where is my toilet leak?

You solved my Toto problem last month, now I'm on to bigger and better things. I have two standard builder grade toilets that I recently changed all of the parts in the tank. One had a slow leak, the other was the same age and looked grimy, so I replaced all the internal tank parts on both. Both...
  3. Donn2390

Toto post nasal Drip?

I have a dual flush Toto that is several years old and still works wonderfully well, but has just recently developed a problem that I can't figure out. I noticed that water continues to run from the holes around the upper rim around the bowl. It is very slight and hardly noticeable, but water is...
  4. Donn2390

Searching for the elusive bowl....

Hello, I am a big Toto fan, thanks to being a constant viewer of this excellent site. I recently installed my seventh Toto, and I tell all who ask, "If you don't have a Toto, you don't have a toilet" Yes, I have been properly brainwashed, to my great delight. I'm far from a pro, just a guy with...
  5. Donn2390

Which Toto for me?

I have two Totos in my home, three in my just sold condo, and am ready to purchase two more for the home we just purchased. All the suffix letters are confusing me and I would hate to order the wrong ones.. I want an Eco drake 1.2 gpf, elongated bowl, ADA, flush on the left when facing the...
  6. Donn2390

Ice Maker shut off valve

I am in the process of moving and after removing the 'frig I discovered a small leak at the shut off valve. I thought it would be a piece of cake to replace, so I removed the top of the valve and started at HD, then Ace Hardware, nothing in plumbing matched the threads. After a little head...
  7. Donn2390

Toto Aquia question

I have an Aquia that was installed about two years ago. It's the later model with the socket mounting. The toilet sits on and slides into the socket. I'm having all the tile replaced and the toilet must be removed. Can I just lube up the socket and replace the toilet with no wax ring to mess...
  8. Donn2390

Kohler toilet quality..??

I'm planning to replace three toilets in a rental unit. I'm a devout Toto fan and have them in my house, but want to save a few bucks on the rental, and still have a good toilet. I went to a plumbing supply store and they recommended the new 1.28 Kohler. Tell me all I need to know about...
  9. Donn2390

Dual Flush conversations...?

OK, I saw a conversation kit to convert any toilet to a dual flush. It was at HD, and they had a huge promotion pushing these things. Don't recall the name, but they were cheap.... I'm guessing I will see this product destroyed by the pros in here. Let's hear the facts...
  10. Donn2390

one2flush..??

OK, no one liked the last water saving device I posted, so lets try again. I want the experts opinion on this little cutie.....? http://www.one2flush.com/
  11. Donn2390

Flapper-less toilet...?

Went to a Home Show yesterday, and the local water district was promoting switching to low flow toilets. They had one on display I had never heard of, so I came to the experts for information. I don't remember the brand, but it had a plastic container mounted on a pivot in the top if the tank...
  12. Donn2390

Killing the black ring..!

We are a four bathroom house with only two people living here. Two of the bathrooms are seldom used. About the only time we go into those rooms is for cleaning purposes. The toilets develop a black ring around the water spot, which is difficult to get off, and looks really bad. Any...
  13. Donn2390

It must a been a Toto...!

Boy flushes dog down his toilet... No clog. That is a better test than the factories use... http://xo.typepad.com/blog/2009/06/boy-accidentally-flushes-puppy-down-toilet.html
  14. Donn2390

Proper cauking

I have my new Eco Drake and Aquia installed and working great, so it's time to caulk the base to the floor. When I removed the two, they were grouted at the base to match the tile grout. Somewhere in this site, I read of the recommended caulk to use, but I haven't been able to find where I...
  15. Donn2390

Aquia, what rough-in do I need?

After installing my first Aquia lll yesterday, I thought I was ready for the big time. I patted myself on the back too quickly, because I have encountered a major problem today, installing the second toilet... I made the mistake of not measuring the rough-in for the second toilet, figuring it...
  16. Donn2390

ADA really needed..?

I have been trying to decide between the Aquia ll and the lll. I thought it might be nice to have the taller one, but after looking at the specs, it is less than an inch in height difference. That amounts to about $100.00 for saving an inch in travel time, each direction. I have concluded the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks