Search results

1. B

Lower closet flange?

Yeah, I used the purple primer and PVC cement, then ran the 4 screws down thru the floor to the subfloor. Its been a little over a week now and no leaks. Thanks Again!
  2. B

Lower closet flange?

Floor is installed and new flange is in place. The level and fit was almost too good. Tomorrow I am gonna install the new toilet. I am hoping everything goes well with that. Thanks Again for all the help!
  3. B

Lower closet flange?

So I cut the flange with a hacksaw. (Would have preferred a powertool, but don't have one.) After scraping my knuckles, I was very pleased to find that the flange was, in fact, connected over top the straight pipe. The top of the straight pipe is level with the sub floor and wasn't cut at all...
  4. B

Lower closet flange?

Thanks Jim. The existing flange looks like it was connected over top the waste pipe. I can see the end of the flange about 1 inch below the subfloor. It looks like the elbow is about 12-18 inches down the waste pipe. I wish I could post a pic but don't have a camera right now.
  5. B

Lower closet flange?

I am in the process of remodeling a 1/2 bath in my house and am stuck with what to do with the flange. After pulling up the old tile floors the flange sits about 1 1/8" above the subfloor. The new floor is only going to be 3/8" thick. Based on some other posts I have read I am assuming I am...
  6. B

Lukewarm water in all sinks and showers

I have now replaced all the faucets and hot water is flowing like never before. I would have never guessed that all of them would be bad, but they were.
  7. B

Looks like all of my faucets have bad cartridges in them. I replaced 1 faucet already and am now getting better hot water from that one. I am going to replace the rest and the cartridges in the showers. Hopefully that resolves my problems. Thanks for the help. I will post my findings once...
  8. B

No recirculation system. There are 5 bathroom sinks and 2 showers with single handle faucets. Prior the the tank being replaced hot water was working fine in all rooms. Nothing has changed but the hot water tank. I plan on replacing all the faucets but don't want to replace anything...
  9. B

Update Update: I have found that if I run a faucet in any bathroom or shower, the kitchen faucet maintains hot water, where other running faucet stays warm. All the bathrooms are on one side of the house and the kitchen is on a seperate run on the opposite side of the house. To me its...
  10. B

I am having a problem where all of my faucets and showers only release lukewarm water (about 91 degrees F). I have recently purchased this house and replaced the hot water heater. Originally we thought the problem was with the hot water heater. It was found that the new unit was defective (no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks