Search results

1. gregs

Underslab leak

I think the foundation uses a short stem wall made with concrete block on top of a footer. When they do the rough plumbing, do they typically knock a hole thru the block and pull the piping up thru an open cell? The kitchen sink and bathroom vanities are on exterior walls.
  2. gregs

Underslab leak

The house was built in 1981 and has copper plumbing. At least I can shut it off and stop the leak until I figure it out.
  3. gregs

Underslab leak

I think I have determined that I have an under slab water leak on a hot water line that feeds the master bathroom which is the furthest water connection from the water heater. I suspect that the same line also feeds the kitchen as it is between the water heater and the master but dont know that...
  4. gregs

New pool wiring

Not a problem, was waiting for Pentair to email me back. It will be a wet niche. Pentair does not even make a dry niche. Thanks again for the help
  5. gregs

New pool wiring

It will be a PVC niche probably a Pentair niche connected with rigid pvc conduit. I am not sure if they refer to it as a wet or dry but it does use a rubber seal around the cord and ground wire.
  6. gregs

New pool wiring

I am not sure on the niche, but if it makes a difference I am not talking about the conduit going from the deck box to the niche but rather the conduit going back to the house.
  7. gregs

New pool wiring

My plan is to draw things up and take it to the county with me when I apply for the permit. Hopefully I can find out if it will be a problem or not. Now a question about the pool light conduit. I know about the conduit between the deck box and niche and the extra ground wire, does the...
  8. gregs

New pool wiring

Is it feed directly from the main panel? I was wondering about whether a second sub panel (1st is the garage sub) would be a code problem. Thanks
  9. gregs

New pool wiring

If I understand you correctly. Install a outdoor rated breaker panel fed from the sub panel in the garage at the pool pad. Then the breakers will serve as the disconnects.
  10. gregs

New pool wiring

I understand and will leave well enough alone and hope the inspectors lets it go. If he does question it I will plead my case with the 2005 code. As for for the feed to the outside. Can I run 1 220v 4 wire feed to the disconnect and then split a 110v for the light circuit and a 220v for the...
  11. gregs

New pool wiring

I guess my plan would be to draw it up and list what I am doing (how I have done permits in the past) and submit it with the permit application and see if anything comes of it. If I used a pool sub panel at the equipment could I remove the sub panel in the garage and replace it with a...
  12. gregs

New pool wiring

The sub panel in the garage is existing along with the NM feed to it and the 40a GFI breaker. My plan is to run rigid pvc conduit to the equipment and pool light with the correct size insulated ground. I just wanted to know if the sub panel would be to code before I pull the permit and start...
  13. gregs

New pool wiring

Is this the correct wording for the 2005 code? (F) Branch-Circuit Wiring. (1) Wiring Methods. Branch-circuit wiring on the supply side of enclosures and junction boxes connected to conduits run to wet-niche and no-niche luminaires (fixtures), and the field wiring compartments of dry-niche...
  14. gregs

New pool wiring

I think the light is my biggest misunderstanding. Are you saying I cant run it from the sub panel because the feeder for the sub panel is NM not in a raceway? Does the exception only apply the pump wiring?
  15. gregs

New pool wiring

Thanks for checking on the code. Is there some where I can get a copy of the 680 section? Any ideas on using the sub panel? I read some where about an exception to the interior feeder wire possibly not having to be in a raceway. Thanks
  16. gregs

New pool wiring

The sub is a surface mounted panel in the garage not connected with a raceway, just NM cable. The main is flush mount in an interior wall. The house is a split level with the garage on the 2 story side and the main panel in the single story side so access is very limited to change the wiring or...
  17. gregs

New pool wiring

I am going to build a inground swimming pool very soon and would like to do the electrical portion of the work myself. I have done a fair amount of electrical work over the years and have a good understanding of it but I realize that the code for pool wiring can be tricky. I am going to need a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks