Search results

1. T

Oil Hot Water Heater Shuts off every two days! Help!

we are still getting hot water for the first 10 seconds or so, so i have to say yes to your question. however, the machine is not shutting itself down anymore, so the main problem is fixed. i think these are separate issues, and the new transformer fixed one... and my tech told me that...
  2. T

update: my service guy came and installed a new transformer. he said the porcelain insulators over the wires were cracked, or something like that.. either way, it has now been working perfectly for two days!!!! hooray!! (so far...) does this make sense? or am i lucky it is working?
  3. T

one thing i know is that when the cold water faucet turns on, the first water that comes out is usually scalding hot... then it gets cold... this could support your idea that the problem is the thermostat, and that is why the unit is shutting itself down. but would this make it go to reset...
  4. T

so are you saying that after the machine fills up with hot water, the thermostat is kicking it off? interesting. also, i do agree that these two problems are related, and therefore this could be kicking off the machine.. i am going to print this out and when the tech guy comes tomorrow...
  5. T

i am not sure, but the reset button works. the unit goes back on, then shuts off later.
  6. T

help!!!!! the service tech came and installed a preference switch which temporarily shuts off the furnace when the hot water heater activates, so the furnace wouldn't suck the fuel from the heater.... IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!! THE THING HAD TO BE RESET THE NEXT DAY, AND THE DAY AFTER, ETC...
  7. T

i think this is the problem. the service tech is coming today to install a preference switch, (or something like that,) which automatically gives preference to the water heater when both are pulling at the same time.. he said this will prevent the shut-downs. have you heard of this?
  8. T

i have had multiple service calls to deal with this. they have all tried different things - cleaning the lines, pumping oxygen through the fuel lines, etc. but it hasn't worked. the interesting thing about the problem is that it usually happens when the heating furnace goes on. (i.e. it...
  9. T

Hi, I am new to the forum, and I am very frustrated with my problem: Every two days, my oil fired hot water heater shuts down. I have to hit reset manually, and then it works perfectly for two days. Then it shuts down again. (I don't know if this is related, but I also have the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks