Search results

1. outofplumb

The blue cap on the Toto Drake fill valve

Thanks Terry and hj for your responses. Since I was on an errand into town I decided to bring the tank back to the supply house. They were very good about it and promptly exchanged the whole tank set, not just the fill valve. I'm a bit concerned about the quality of the Toto toilets I...
  2. outofplumb

The blue cap on the Toto Drake fill valve

Hi all, I just purchased a Toto Drake and upon removing the tank from the box, the blue cap that fits on top of the fill valve fell off. This is the piece that has the "G-Max" lettering on it. It looks like it fits onto 2 pins on the fill valve to hold it in place. Well, these pins (both of...
  3. outofplumb

Viega: PureFlow PEX Crimp v/s PureFlow PEX Press

Thank you for the response, Peter. I appreciate it. Will that include Pex brands like Watts, Bow, Waterline Products? Can anybody provide input on my other questions above? Or is the Viega crimp system a relatively obscure product line?
  4. outofplumb

Viega: PureFlow PEX Crimp v/s PureFlow PEX Press

Viega has 2 kinds of fastening systems in their PureFlow line: copper crimp rings and stainless steel press sleeves. From browsing through this and other forum postings, it seems that people like the stainless steel press sleeve system. But what is the opinion on the PureFlow copper crimp...
  5. outofplumb

Soldering copper pipe

Hi, (Please don't laugh...) I've got a 1/2 inch copper supply pipe that is coming up vertically from the subfloor that I need to extend. I'm using a standard copper coupling (that 1 inch long hollow cylinder where you stick the pipes into both ends) to attach upon this pipe. The extension...
  6. outofplumb

questions about fittings for sink drain connection

Hi all, I'm replacing a sink in my bathroom and will need to redo the drain plumbing. Now the 2 fittings I have at hand are: - an adapter/reducer to connect the sink's 1-1/4 chrome tailpiece (compression fitted) to the 1-1/2 drain pipe (solvent welded), and - a 1-1/2 P-trap (solvent...
  7. outofplumb

sink drain: use 'pipe thread compound' on abs pipe?

Hi all, I'm replacing a sink in my bathroom and will need to redo the drain plumbing. Now the 2 fittings I have at hand are: - an adapter/reducer to connect the sink's 1-1/4 chrome tailpiece (compression fitted) to the 1-1/2 drain pipe (solvent welded), and - a 1-1/2 P-trap (solvent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks