Search results

1. Steve89GTA

Kitchen Island

Thanks all. will be doing an AAV.
  2. Steve89GTA

Kitchen Island

Thanks Terry! This site is really great, you helped me with a basement bathroom job 5-6 years ago which came out awesome. I have a plumber looking at it today, likely he will recommend AAV as well...alternative I guess would be the loop?
  3. Steve89GTA

Kitchen Island

Thanks for the response. The trap right now is in the basement ceiling for the sink. Not ideal I know. So the island being vented by the main is not applicable?
  4. Steve89GTA

Kitchen Island

Hi guys Roughing in kitchen plumbing (reno). Current sink is on an exterior wall, 1.5 inch abs vent coming down and feeding sink drain...from there it flows across to the center bearing wall where it joins the 4" abs pipe (about 13.5 feet across. The new island sink will replace the existing...
  5. Steve89GTA

Basement bathroom

available at big box stores??
  6. Steve89GTA

Basement bathroom

Hi folks, My abs shower drain pipe extends around 12" through the floor (concrete). Shower pan/drain requires that I cut it down below the concrete grade to allow room for the drain. I've chipped out the concrete a few inches around the pipe, what is the best way to cut it down? I'm...
  7. Steve89GTA

4" PVC for toilet drain - help

Thank you! This is all I needed, and just in the nick of time. Yes, the connection to the 2" vent will be at 8' from the basement floor. It then goes across and up and connects in the attic of the house to the pipe extending through the roof.
  8. Steve89GTA

If I vent the lav/shower combo via a 1 1/5 abs connected directly to the 2" vent up top, would this satisfy the venting requirements? I'm told that the existing toilet/shower drain setup vented through the 2" abs had already passed insp. I'm only adding the lav on the other end. See graphic above
  9. Steve89GTA

see revised graphic which includes 1 1/2 abs vent.
  10. Steve89GTA

Many thanks folks! I was able to confirm by the local inspector that the transition glue is ok. I was considering a fernco adaptor to change the 4" pvc to abs below grade but that would not pass. If I vent the lav/shower combo via a 1 1/5 abs connected directly to the 2" vent up top, would...
  11. Steve89GTA

Here is a visual of what I'm working with (see attached). The shower drain is existing and so is the toilet. I'm adding the Lavatory line that joins into the shower drain after the trap. Does the Lav need to be vented or is it wet-vented with the existing 2" abs that vents everything else? I...
  12. Steve89GTA

Hi Folks! I'm new to this forum. The issue: the bathroom (basement one) has been roughed in by the previous owners and the toilet pipe is a white 4" pvc. I was able to find a black ABS toilet flange to fit nicely inside the pvc, but now I've read that I cannot glue the two unlike materials...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks