Search results

1. T

DWV help please

I'd put the steam shower in a new thread.
  2. T

DWV help please

A lot of it depends on the number of fixtures being tied to it along with pipe size. You can scroll the book as it may answer some of your future questions.
  3. T

DWV help please

This should give you an idea page 118. http://books.google.com/books?id=euDzsOnRxg0C&pg=PA118&lpg=PA118&dq=maximum+drain+vent+lengths&source=web&ots=n_91T2--Pl&sig=qbKV1HaOz925Z0QWLuT5FpWBpUA&hl=en&ei=jd-ZSdKAL6TUMMHWlPIL&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result#PPA118,M1
  4. T

DWV help please

1/4'' slope your vent, not sure if you saw that.
  5. T

DWV help please

Yes that is correct. I'd slope the vent at 1/4" per foot horizontally (the above portion) so rain water will not set dormant in the pipe.
  6. T

DWV help please

You can do what it takes to vent the sink. Do not be concerned with length of run. Look up a revent, it is similar to what you are doing.
  7. T

DWV help please

You can go as far as it takes. Yes you can do it as you describe.
  8. T

DWV help please

Yes run the 2" combined drain from the double lavs to below the 1.5" tub drain. The new lavs do need to have a vent that is represented in your second drawing tied into another vent if you can. Is there any way to take your new double lav vent over and away from the skylights and tie in to...
  9. T

DWV help please

How was the original sink vented? Your vent should tie into the other vent above waste flow,unless you plan on a vent going through the roof. i.e. at the location above the tub drain if possible. I would install a cleanout, being you have a double vanity, cheap insurance. I know the purple...
  10. T

DWV help please

From what I see your double vanity is not vented. Second, your DWV appears not to code as there is no indication of purple primer in areas.
  11. T

washing maching drain

I don't think he is washing clothes in a dishwasher:D
  12. T

what type of pipe do i have

Most likely you have cast iron. I am redoing my DWV system where the old had cast iron and steel combination. Lenox makes a decent sawzall carbide blade (around $20 for two) that works well and they also make a diamond blade ($23 ea )that works even better, it is very time comsuming. Keep your...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks