Search results

1. pmoe

RIP 21 y.o. Rheem. What's next?

My 1988 40 gallon Rheem water heater gave up the ghost last week and it's time for a new one. I'm open to all suggestions, short of a cow patty fired stove, due to lack of available cow patties in my neighborhood. The house will have 2 full baths + kitchen (dishwasher) + washing machine +...
  2. pmoe

Tub drain/waste/overflow escutcheon placement with respect to finished floor

How's that for a descriptive title? :) I'm installing a small clawfoot tub (if I ever get it refinished) and I bought all new decorative hardware for it. Here's the rough in plumbing for it: I haven't figured out how all my tub drain parts go together, but I assume a compression fitting...
  3. pmoe

Concerned about my new plumbing rough in

I've been out of town the last couple of days while plumbers were roughing in a full bath for me. Yes, I am fastidious, but I have some concerns, so I'm looking for feedback on what has been done. 1) Should this vent pipe be straight or does it matter? Looks like it bends into the T...
  4. pmoe

Quality of decorative supply lines and drain/overflow for clawfoot tubs?

I'm doing a bath remodel with a vintage 4' cast iron tub, with wall mount faucet. I need everything to get this going like I want - new faucet/riser, ring, supply lines, and drain/waste. I've been advised that the quality of the decorative chrome you get from the boutique suppliers is...
  5. pmoe

Running DWV through framing in an old house

Hello all, I have an older (1914) house where a back porch was framed in and converted at some point to a half bath. I am now wanting to convert that half bath to full. I have a boatload of questions, but the current one has to do with running DWV through the framing. The half bath...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks