Search results

1. Augusta

Crazy things that pass inspections.

Have quite a few videos of quality of work, since I'm out in the field with a video camera anyway. Never knew what was "normal", "quality" or to code until I started visiting this site (and finally downloaded the IPC, which is used in my area). To stay out of potential hot water, I'll just post...
  2. Augusta

Fastest, easiest way to cut rusted / corroded toilet bolts from tank

I contend that this corrosion happened because there was a metal washer on the inside of the tank between the brass bolt head and the rubber washer. It was rusted on the inside and out. It never fails that when I see the corrosion on the outside of the tank, that there is a metal washer inside...
  3. Augusta

IPC in digital format?

Complete noob question here. I searched Amazon and other publishing companies, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Does anyone know if the IPC can be purchased in digital format? Such as PDF, or on CD somehow? Makes no sense to still be using paper when one can do instantaneous...
  4. Augusta

Master Plumber and hot water heater swap out

Contacted licensed plumbing company on Thursday last week around lunch to go ahead and swap out a hot water heater (from gas to electric on plumber's advice since I've had to replace the thermocouple 2 times on the existing Whirlpool...the class action law suit on them makes the part free, but...
  5. Augusta

Dual saw

I hired a new HVAC guy to do some work recently and was impressed with a cut he did to repair a cut line from the condensing unit into the outside wall of the home. I thought for sure he would use a skill saw or a sawsall and make a mess of it. When I inspected his work after he was done it...
  6. Augusta

How's my plumber doing?

I know code is different from county to county, state to state, etc. etc. but some things are universal. Was hoping some plumbers could take a look and let me know if anything looks strange. General contractor was hired to handle some work in this home. One of his plumber guys' job was to rip...
  7. Augusta

2 way switch not working right

I have a couple of two way switches that have been working fine for years. A few days ago they started not working right. I can turn on the light from either location, but I can only turn it off from the location where I turned it on. Is this common? Does it mean one is bad? If they both...
  8. Augusta

Slide in range swap out with free standing

Has anyone had any experience with swapping out a slide in cooking range with a free standing one? I wasn't sure how difficult/easy it would be to modify the cabinetry (typically) so that a free standing range would go in its place. Any ideas? The slide in's are just so dang expen$ive...
  9. Augusta

Water backs up into sink and dishwasher

I have a new issue with water draining in a kitchen sink. It has an Emerson 1/3 horse garbage disposal and an attached dishwasher. Both sides of the sink fills up with water and takes a long time to drain. Turning on the disposal has no effect. Also, the dishwasher is backing up as well. No...
  10. Augusta

Drain for washing machine backing up?

Hi: I'm trying to help my mom fix an issue with her washing machine. She was telling me that she sees water on the floor after washing clothes. I asked her to keep an eye on it and give me more details. She said today that when the washer is in the drain cycle, she sees the water is coming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks