Search results

1. Augusta

Crazy things that pass inspections.

Hazzard County City council? In Augusta? You mean this guy? In all seriousness, this guy was the former Mayor of Augusta. He owns a hog barbecue restaurant. Can you guess what his nickname is? Know what happens when the anti-shoddy-work Home Inspector goes in to a home like this, and...
  2. Augusta

Does drinking water cause UTI'S"

Strange, I know someone named Steph (assume that's your first name) who moved from Augusta to Florida. No harm intended from my end, Steph. Understood it's your daughter, but I'm addressing you as the authority. Nothing wrong with reaching out and gathering information. "Going after" the God...
  3. Augusta

Does drinking water cause UTI'S"

I've seen renters blame property managers for everything from potential floods to allergies...but never a UTI from the drinking water. I'm no doctor, and I would hope no one here would pretend to be one. Your best source of info for frequent urinary tract infections would be your OB/GYN. With...
  4. Augusta

Mokume: Mighty fine community you live in. Was in Waikiki for a couple of weeks not too long ago. Cousin owns some property there. Pearl Harbor was sobering. North Shore is so beautiful that it didn't look real. Didn't want to leave. Interesting on the grab bar. Replacement parts are called...
  5. Augusta

Have quite a few videos of quality of work, since I'm out in the field with a video camera anyway. Never knew what was "normal", "quality" or to code until I started visiting this site (and finally downloaded the IPC, which is used in my area). To stay out of potential hot water, I'll just post...
  6. Augusta

Master Plumber and hot water heater swap out

I knew it wouldn't be long before the foul mouthed hater was back. You can't resist, can you? APPLAUSE - Finally you get something. It's meant to be crazy. It's just as crazy as his second invoice. It's also an attempt at humor - even labeled as such. Yeah, that makes sense. And you are a...
  7. Augusta

gotta find humor somehow... Just sent Plumber an invoice for my time. Hope he has the same look on his face as I did when I saw his second invoice. I gave him a discount, so that should make things right. [Snapshot of my invoice:]
  8. Augusta

...only in theory. Heck if I know. Hold that thought, though. Negative. Have you seen the work that Augusta residential inspections passes? That's what I've been trying to say here in every thread. In Augusta: Absolutely no difference in quality of work from a Handyman or a licensed...
  9. Augusta

the mind of a plumber... Thought it was over. Just got a SECOND bill from the Plumber for this same job today. Since he had to come back out a second time, in his mind he's justified in expecting additional money on this job, since now he had to do it to code and run that new CPVC line (not...
  10. Augusta

Sorry, couldn't resist this as I'm sending off yet another check to our government today for more taxes they say I owe them. Your prior point was already solved on page one of this thread. Reading comprehension is a must here. No, this post is not about people not maintaining their equipment...
  11. Augusta

oh please, son. Ah, the ole' backpeddle, insult, and change the subject ploy. What on earth did the above entire diatribe have to do with my quote contained within? I already said I hope you know I see these things with a bit of humor. Yeah, that sounds like I'm just oh so upset. Of course I...
  12. Augusta

Oh? CPVC is what you are supposed to use on a T&P Relief Valve. PERIOD - (in my case) because the IPC says so. I think I laid out the case for that, beyond the point where any reasonable person would argue any differently. The above quote most certainly was written and intended to convey...
  13. Augusta

happening once a year does not equal urband legend Osha? Someone should call PETA. We have rare hot water heater explosion occurrences because we have code in place and things have been improving, not from people dumbing things down. Just keep in mind that these systems are only as...
  14. Augusta

Search not working

$99 is not bad at all to upgrade your php, although I don't have the important details (it appears you have ofumusic.com, terrylove.com, terrylove.info and terrylove.tv on a dedicated server?, hosting company have backups or do you keep your own?, you have access to a restore system?, they...
  15. Augusta

Search not working

Thought the avatar was funny, considering some of the grumpy responses I've been getting. How about the vintage avatar? ;-) Haven't tried the search, but will let you know if I run into a problem with it. Glad you got it squared away.
  16. Augusta

Fastest, easiest way to cut rusted / corroded toilet bolts from tank

No Sir. I'm in your "shoulda, coulda, woulda" land right now, and the forecast says the right cutting blade on a multi cutter would likely damage the porcelain lip on the bottom of the tank and the top of the bowl due to the angle, distance, and horizontal movement of the blade versus the...
  17. Augusta

What's also not a new discovery is your bad attitude on this forum. How have you positively added to this discussion, dlarrivee? I'm convinced that you are only here to troll. Two posts in a row from you and nothing but negativity. If you want to make this personal again , and now in this...
  18. Augusta

Finished - I hope. Master Plumber contacted me today stating he finished this job yesterday. (work order was from March 17..that's 23 days for a Plumber to do roughly a 2 hour job. But hey, they were being "safe" and keeping their risk of breaking something down, so I should be thankful...
  19. Augusta

No sir. You can't use a multi cutter on this tank because the distance and angle wouldn't have allowed you to. If you noticed (right before I "almost" cut my fingers off) that I had to angle that blade to get around the porcelain ledge that is built into the top of the bowl AND the bottom of...
  20. Augusta

Hardly call that "almost losing the tank" at the end there, buddy. I haven't lost one yet. But I have seen a plumber prop the tank lid against the cabinetry, later trip on it, and actually break it on more than one occasion. Know why the tank lid wasn't weighing down the tank and not even in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks