Search results

1. atuel

signs toilet flange is bad?

Thanks... thats something I almost forgot about with not caulking around the entire toilet. This one was caulked down so much that even after I cut the caulk, i still had a bit of trouble getting it loose. So plan is to get a flange extension to get it above the finished floor. Then I'm...
  2. atuel

Thats pretty much what was bothering me as well... I have replaced all the drain pipe 6" below the flange and none of that is leaking. Wish I would have known about this leak and the flange being recessed when I replaced all that cause I would have replaced the flange as well, but I'm sort...
  3. atuel

Thats basically what I figured to... just dont have enough experience in seeing these things done poorly like this to be sure. And the water seems to hit the edge of the flange and follow that around the bottom of it and down the side of pipe vs dumping off into the tile/grout so hard to say...
  4. atuel

So should I not get the flange extensions that have a funnel that extends down past the existing flange and into the pipe below?
  5. atuel

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but search is only returning a blank page for me. So my guest bathroom toilet has a minor leak with a few drips every time it flushes. Its over a crawl so I have access underneath it. The subfloor on one side shows signs of moisture, etc. Nothing...
  6. atuel

Code for vertical drop for toilet/tub, IPC

So maybe some real pics would help. Now that the duct is out of the way, you can see everything in one shot. This one shows the area I need clear. Its about 5' wide and I need 4' and pretty much all of the height except maybe a few inches. This is from the opposite side showing which...
  7. atuel

I have a 4th pipe that connects in that was hidden beind the air duct. Now that the duct isnt obscuring it, I need to find a way to connect it in as well. I've also got a better view of everything to see the concrete pillar in there. I see your point though... will angling the wye the...
  8. atuel

never mind... that was a terrible idea. Would have cut too much out of my height that is the whole reason I'm doing this in the first place. I dont really know if the sink is vented or not cause I cant tell behind the vanity, but it elbows over to the side, so signs point to its probably not...
  9. atuel

Insulation on CPVC / Recirculator

Yeah... sort of hard to even ask questions on this cause I cant find much about it one way or the other. Not even the local plumbers have heard of this. Given, I wouldnt necessarily vouch for any plumbers in the area as its expanded fast and there are a lot of plumbers and other contractors...
  10. atuel

I do a little more research here and see if theres a CPVC that can handle it. Would PEX handle the heat better? I could do copper too, but this is all in a pretty shallow crawl space, that would make soldering a bit of a pain. House was built in the late 80s, so guessing it has the CPVC that...
  11. atuel

I should mention, none of this is going through the joists... its all directly under the joists at the right side and tapering lower as you move left.
  12. atuel

Any reason they gave not to use it with CPVC? CPVC not able to handle sustained temperature like this? Tried to google for it but not much came up in temrs of saying not to do it.
  13. atuel

So got the duct work out of the way and found a little kink in things. The vent I thought was going out the top of the sink is not. Theres actually a 4th pipe I didnt see before that goes up to catch a double vanity on the second floor bathroom before venting out the roof. This 4th pipe...
  14. atuel

Yeah... the local big box has the self stick stuff, but its about 1/16th of an inch thick.
  15. atuel

Is there any type of insulation better for this than others? The foam split tubes always seemed like there could be something better to me.
  16. atuel

Yeah.. i'm trying to avoid the dumping warm/hot water into the cold if I can. We do plan to do remodels of all three bathrooms, and I do have access to the wall cavity that feeds both upstairs bathrooms (they have a common wall), so I could extend the loop up to the second floor to handle...
  17. atuel

So my place is run with CPVC. Its in the crawl space in SE US and there is absolutely no insulation on any of the pipe. We have also noticed that it takes 5 or more minutes for the hot water to become hot when running the shower, etc. I'm having my crawl space sealed along with my new A/C...
  18. atuel

This look better? Sort of screwed up the top view as the ptrap should angle back toward the bottom of the image as its in the same line with the toilet.
  19. atuel

Got a little burried... is the proposed ok if everythign enters the double wye at the same level? I can probably accomplish the same thing with stacking a couple san-tees on top of each other in line with the sink/vent. Then just tie the tub/toilet into those. This is probably a cleaner...
  20. atuel

Thanks for the code quote... for some reason I had 3' stuck in my head for a 1.5" drain. Bad drawing again there I guess on my double wye. The double wye was intended to have everything enter at the same level. I see the tub looking higher than the toilet one now that you pointed it out...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks