Search results

1. rdgallo

Backup Sump Pump Question

Thanks for the info. I know the wimpy pump is not designed to be submerged. I was basically asking if the fact that it is installed above the tile drain incoming line was a problem. Seems to me all the drain tile would have to fill before the sump would fill high enough to kick on this wimpy...
  2. rdgallo

I know I haven't posted any pictures, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks
  3. rdgallo

I will try to post a pic as soon as I can get the cover off again. I have a heck of a time getting the cover off as I have some knee issues that keep me from doing much crawling around, but I will give it a shot soon. Thanks, Ron
  4. rdgallo

I have a Zoeller Basement Sentry Series Model 507 pump installed in my sump pit along with the regular Zoeller Sump pump. I moved into to this house about 2 months ago and was just recently reading the info on the back up pump. It says to test the backup pump every 3 months to assure it still...
  5. rdgallo

Water Softener Drain

Thanks for the help, Gary. I wish I could install it myself, but probably would be better off with a good plumber. I have done a lot of my own plumbing before, but I now have bad knees, bad neck, etc. and should hire it done. The house is only 4 years old but never had a water softener and is...
  6. rdgallo

Water Softener Drain

Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate the help! Now all I have to do is purchase a water softener and find a good plumber in my area to install it. Thanks again, Ron
  7. rdgallo

Which Zoeller Sump Pump?

Thanks for the info, Cass!
  8. rdgallo

Which Zoeller Sump Pump?

Thanks for the reply, SewerRatz. Does it hurt anything to put too big of a pump in other than spending more money than probably what is necessary? In other words, if I put the m98 in and it turns out I could have gotten by with the m53? Will it not run enough to be efficient? Thanks
  9. rdgallo

Water Softener Drain

Gary, does that mean I shouldn't allow someone to plumb a new softener that way? Is draining to the effluent pit normal practice? Thanks, Ron
  10. rdgallo

Water Softener Drain

Is it ok to have the backflush drain of a water softener draining into the ejector pump sump or will the brine ruin the pump? I have city sewer no septic. Thanks
  11. rdgallo

Which Zoeller Sump Pump?

Nobody has a suggestion? Thanks anyway.
  12. rdgallo

Which Zoeller Sump Pump?

Two months ago, I purchased a new home (4 years old). It has a sump pump in it with a Zoeller 12 volt back up pump. I do not know what size or what brand the main sump pump is. I would like to have a new Zoeller sump pump pre plumbed to serve as a backup/replacement pump if the existing main...
  13. rdgallo

What Manufacturer has the Best Sump Pump

I doubt that it could keep up. JImbo, can you give me a better (one that even I might understand) explanation of how to do the two pump with backup thing? or would I be better off having one of those water powered back up pumps. I am trying to picture how you get two normal sized pumps in...
  14. rdgallo

Thanks for the info, all. The Zoeller back up pump (according to the paperwork left by the previous owner is a Basement Sentry Series by Zoeller Model 507. That is all I know until I look into the sump pit later on. Thanks again, Ron
  15. rdgallo

I just moved into a new house about 2 months ago. It has a sump pump system and I have never lived in a house with a sump system. I don't know what kind of pump it has, but do know that it has a Zoeller 12 volt battery back up pump installed. The couple that sold us the house had just had the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks