Search results

1. T_Finan

Toto Vespin tank supposed to be loose?

my vespin rocks too, noticeable when flushing. I haven't checked whether all three contact points are aligned properly.
  2. T_Finan

Finding correct wax seal for 70-year old bathroom. Smell won't go away!

Look at this picture See the hole(s) in the drain pipe next to the crushed gravel? I think you are blocking the smell from coming up through those holes with your paper towels. Remember the fix I suggested before, no tile tear out but instead build a new barrier from above.
  3. T_Finan

Need your help installing a shutoff valve!

I assume a pro would shut off the water, cut the pipe and then remove the toilet before installing the valve? This would eliminate the tight aspect for everything but the initialcutting.
  4. T_Finan

Stuck with 14" Rough In

any 12 " toilet will work but will be ~2" from the back wall. So you are NOT as stuck as a 10" rough-in. I had a toto vespin with an 10" adaptor installed today. It seems to work fine and comparably to the toto dartmouth, drake and promenade I also recently installed.
  5. T_Finan

Could this be the perfect toilet?

I think it those models are (almost) twice the cost of a promenade. The benefit appears to be the bowl wash. Oh btw my promenade is now "gulping" on the flush like my dartmouth so its just as powerful now to my ears!:)
  6. T_Finan

Flange/wax ring advice

Thanks, that was my feeling (have a plumber replace) when I saw it. But I haven't seen as many of these as others so maybe they all look like that?
  7. T_Finan

Flange/wax ring advice

Based on what I've read here, this may be a leaded connection to cast iron. So I don't think I should fool around with the current rusted but solid flange ring, even though it is bent in the left rear. I believe I have seen it mentioned that a leaded connection the only time some would use...
  8. T_Finan

I checked and it IS the same internal bowl guts as the dartmouth. They are just aligned different inside. There is a "straw" on the promenade pull chain by the flapper, this may be to prevent binding. My promenade is quieter at the end the flush where the dartmouth has a gulp at the end...
  9. T_Finan

I think you can get all these features in a Dartmouth and Drake too. I just put a Promenade (new model 424, not 724) in this weekend sans sanigloss(wanted it but not readily available). It looks great and maches my older home. I got the seat recommended on the Toto website sizzle sheet. The...
  10. T_Finan

Soft close seat: Ugly sticker hard to remove, upgrade to a Washlet

I had one of these stickers to remove this weekend. Thanks to your post I was ready to handle it! It was tough to get off since you need a razor blade to lift an edge, impossible to do with a finger nail. I can confirm mine was a static label but it took a healthy pull to remove...
  11. T_Finan

It is unbelievable how much smell something that can fit under tile can cause. I really think you've found the problem. I found a tile guy who built a properly pitched new floor with membrane over the existing tile, effectively starting fresh. This saved the expense of a pan replacement...
  12. T_Finan

Re #1, jadnashua explained it better than me, "wicking" the water away like a siphon rather than "breaking" it. Please explore the internet for a good picture of what a shower pan drain looks like(I recall a forum like this devoted to tile "mike bridges" perhaps that had a good one). I...
  13. T_Finan

Some random thoughts from a non-professional: -hair can cause some type of capillary action which breaks the seal of the shower trap and cause the gas to get through -Do you have a basement shower? make sure it has water in its trap. - is the main roof vent stack clear and unblocked?
  14. T_Finan

We purchased house last year that had incredible strong sulphur/sewer smell that came after the master bath shower was used. After pursuing a variety of solutions(drain cleaning, water filter and softener), the fix was to eliminate standing water under the shower tile which was causing mold to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks