Search results

1. woog

Dosing Water Softener

Thanks for the answers guys... I was a little unsure about this as I never heard of the technology. I think I will stick to the salt based systems as I guess that sounds best. Gary.. can i ask you... are there any technologies out there that will soften the water without salt? Thanks again .
  2. woog

Dosing Water Softener

Has anyone ever heard of this technology... I need a water softener and the company I spoke to said this is where the industry is going because it is much more environmentally friendly than a typical salt based softener. Supposedly it is being used in Europe and Asia but is just starting to...
  3. woog

Basement Flooring options

I just recently finished my basement floor. I put PT sleepers down with a product called Dri Core as the sub floor. I had a french drain put in and we've had about 10 inches of rain here in NJ in the last month and not a drop of water. I want to put carpet down because this will be a...
  4. woog

How to level a basement floor

Thanks for all of the responses I like all of the ideas, thanks... seems like more work than I thought. Can I put down bottom plates for the wall in different pieces to compensate for the difference in the floor and then just cut each stud to fit. I don't plan on putting flooring down that...
  5. woog

How to level a basement floor

I find this forum helpful so I hope I can get some help with this problem... I am finishing a basement in a 60 year old house. I have a very uneven floor and it slopes what seems like about 2 inches or so from highest point to lowest across the basement. I am putting up partition walls and the...
  6. woog

Insulating Basement Walls

Thank you everybody for your responses...Yes Frenchie that was a typo on my email... Thanks for your response as well. I plan on attaching the XPS to the foundation and using metal studs to frame out an inch or so away. One more thing if you guys don't mind... I have a french drain...
  7. woog

Raising or re-routing pipes in basement ceiling

I have a question about basement ceiling pipes, I would like to try to do this myself. If anyone thinks I shouldn't as an amateur please let me know! In the basement ceiling now I have cold and hot supply line and one hot supply for baseboard heat. There is also a gas line for the dryer...
  8. woog

Great advice Thanks Frenchie for those links... That seems to be the way I should go. Thank you everyone for all your help.
  9. woog

Thanks for the advice but one more thing... SO do you think I should frame the basement walls, attach a vapor barrier on the the back side of the wall but leave an inch or so between the wall and the foundation to help with air movement? So you don't think the polystyrene foam should be...
  10. woog

I recently had a drainage system installed around the perimeter of my basement. The guy that did the work said I should attach furring strips to the foundation walls and attach a vapor barrier to that. He also said to run the bottom of the vapor barrier into the gap he left where the floor...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks