Search results

1. bnbhoha

Bathroom pipes go from 3/4 to 1/2 inch for total of 8 feet. will I benefit if I convert to 3/4 ?

My house has 38psi water pressure (which is considered average for the city). I've gutted my 2nd floor bathroom and noticed that I have 3/4 copper pipes coming up, but then right from where they come up I have 90 degree where it turns in to 1/2 inch. This 1/2 feeds the sink then continues...
  2. bnbhoha

Use Clay pipe or cast iron pipe for overhead sewer (50-60ft underground in yard)??

Considering getting an overhead sewer installed due to basement flooding through floor drain during heavy rain storms (once a year). In any case, I'm getting estimates done for flood control valves and overhead sewer. I'm trying to save money but also want something that will last. My plumber is...
  3. bnbhoha

Toto Ultramax and Drake round toilets: why don't they come with CEFIONTECT?

I've searched and searched. and it appears that the toto ultramax and drake ROUND toilets don't come in CEFIONTECT but the elongated do. hmmm any thoughts?
  4. bnbhoha

HELP, have a screw floating around in tub pipe, which is damaging the cartridge.

For the past few months I've been replacing my Moen cartridge in my bath tub. Every couple of months, not only would the be a small leak, but I couldn't turn off the water.This is one of those push and pull type of handles (counter clockwise is hot and clockwise is cold). I couln't push the...
  5. bnbhoha

Hose to valve. Solid pipe or hose, which is better?

I'm about to install a few toilets in a muliti-plex. I noticed that the ones in my home have a simple solid pipe that goes from the toilet tank to the valve. At HD they have the hose with the metal mesh and a white colored one. Does it make a difference or is there a preference in which onw to...
  6. bnbhoha

Costco 1.6 toilet. Anyone see this one?

I wishi I had the manufacturer name and information. I was in Coscto yesterday and they had toilets! Only one model and it was a 1.6 one that came with a toilet seat for $89. I was wondering if anyone else saw this. You usually get what you pay for, but Coscto normally carries the good stuff and...
  7. bnbhoha

How much water in the tank? eg. Korky valve

I'm getting ready to install some Toto Ultramaxs. Since these are low flow toilets and the purpose it to conserve water, I wanted to make sure I made the correct adjustments. How much water do we actually allow in the tank portion of the toilet? From my unlimited experience, when I used to...
  8. bnbhoha

Would U recommend CEFIONTECT (Toto) for a rental. Does it damage easily?

Here's the thing. I'm definitely buying 6 Totos for a rental. I've read up on the CEFIONTECT finish and it looks promising. I've read some posts here that the Toto (Drake) leave skid marks sometimes. I read this thread here: https://terrylove.com/forums/printthread.php?t=769 I am thinking that...
  9. bnbhoha

Bathtub: can't turn water off on Moen Faucet.

our moen faucet in our bathtub is one of the pull kind where you pull it out and then turn it clockwise or counter clockwise to adjust water temp. Out water heater went out. We had to turn off the water at the main valve. When we replaced it and took a shower upstairs in the bathroom, we were...
  10. bnbhoha

Toto Toilets w/ Gmax: are there 2 different flushes (regular & strong?)

I'm looking into getting a drake toilet (from Terry since I'm local), and was wondering if the Drake or the Gmax series for that matter had two flushes you can choose from. I was at a buddy's house last night to check out his remodel (I really went over to check out the drake he had) and he said...
  11. bnbhoha

Is it worth it to switch to a flushstar toilet? Not according to my math.

It is worth it to switch to a flushstar toilet Is it worth it to switch to a flushstar toilet? Not according to my math. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm paying $650-$720 every two months for water/sewer/garbage for my 6-unit 1978 rental property. I I checked w/ my city and they charge...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks