Search results

1. bnbhoha

Bathroom pipes go from 3/4 to 1/2 inch for total of 8 feet. will I benefit if I convert to 3/4 ?

My house has 38psi water pressure (which is considered average for the city). I've gutted my 2nd floor bathroom and noticed that I have 3/4 copper pipes coming up, but then right from where they come up I have 90 degree where it turns in to 1/2 inch. This 1/2 feeds the sink then continues...
  2. bnbhoha

Use Clay pipe or cast iron pipe for overhead sewer (50-60ft underground in yard)??

I live in Chicago and the by code it's either cast iron or clay (no pvc except inside the residence ground level or higher only). The plumber actually is a retired plumbing inspector for the city lol. Is it really that unusual? Again, he would cut the stack, use pvc to run it outside the...
  3. bnbhoha

Use Clay pipe or cast iron pipe for overhead sewer (50-60ft underground in yard)??

Considering getting an overhead sewer installed due to basement flooding through floor drain during heavy rain storms (once a year). In any case, I'm getting estimates done for flood control valves and overhead sewer. I'm trying to save money but also want something that will last. My plumber is...
  4. bnbhoha

Toto Ultramax and Drake round toilets: why don't they come with CEFIONTECT?

I've searched and searched. and it appears that the toto ultramax and drake ROUND toilets don't come in CEFIONTECT but the elongated do. hmmm any thoughts?
  5. bnbhoha

Drake or UltraMax?

I faced the same dilemma and read reviews from Terry and other customers. Both are great toilets. The Drake has a little bit more stronger flush. The Ultramax is one piece and looks nice. You're right, you have to buy a seat for the Drake. I ended up buying the Ultramax since I got a great deal...
  6. bnbhoha

Is it worth it to switch to a flushstar toilet? Not according to my math.

Update for Feb-April: Average CCF for 4 years for this time was 59. Recent bill was 34 CCF; this is the lowest EVER in the past 4.5 years. Total savings on the water bill of $157 (not including tax savings) *Terry, can u change the topic of my post. I tried and it would't let me. It says...
  7. bnbhoha

HELP, have a screw floating around in tub pipe, which is damaging the cartridge.

Well, I disconnected the hotside of the water heater and attached a garden hose to the copper pipe (the one that attaches to the water heater). I was hoping that it would come out through the garden hose. It appears that there were too many up and down 90 degree turns (atleast 3). Keeping my...
  8. bnbhoha

HELP, have a screw floating around in tub pipe, which is damaging the cartridge.

Thanks for the tip and advice. I did the procedure today and sure was a pain in the butt. I noticed that there are at leat a couple of 90 degree turns going up. Capped off everything and turn the water on. Screw never came out. I'm hoping I sent if far down that it won't come back up. I replaced...
  9. bnbhoha

Do you think I can back flush w/o cutting? What if I turned off the water to the water heater, disconnected the hot hose from the water heater, capped off the shower and faucet and turned on the valve? Then the cold water would have no where to go but through the hot water side then this...
  10. bnbhoha

For the past few months I've been replacing my Moen cartridge in my bath tub. Every couple of months, not only would the be a small leak, but I couldn't turn off the water.This is one of those push and pull type of handles (counter clockwise is hot and clockwise is cold). I couln't push the...
  11. bnbhoha

Is it worth it to switch to a flushstar toilet? Not according to my math.

It's been two months since I've installed 5 Toto Ultramax toilets. I have a 6 Unit building and one of the units already had a two year old 1.6g toilet. I pulled out an older 1.6 toilet from another Unit. So basically before installing the low flow toilets, I had four pre 1980's toilets and two...
  12. bnbhoha

Where to buy "red ring" flange repair?

My home depot sells a black one like that for $7-$8. I bought one last month; it was hanging on a hook, so you might want to ask. I couldn't find it on HD website. Here it is on lowes website:
  13. bnbhoha

Closet flange too high, floor not level

Jus push the Fluidmaster onto the bottom of the toilet. Okay found a post that mentions the HD one I bought. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1158&highlight=fluidmaster link to manufacturer & pics: http://www.fernco.com/FTS.asp Here's a review from a forum member...
  14. bnbhoha

Closet flange too high, floor not level

I installed 5 toto toilets this week in my multiplex. Every unit was "unique" . I did not use a single wax ring on any of them. Home Depot sells the waxless ring. The mouth of it has a sticky goo stuff that looks like heat glue, This goes over the bottom ring part (bowl horn) of the toilet of...
  15. bnbhoha

Hose to valve. Solid pipe or hose, which is better?

I'm about to install a few toilets in a muliti-plex. I noticed that the ones in my home have a simple solid pipe that goes from the toilet tank to the valve. At HD they have the hose with the metal mesh and a white colored one. Does it make a difference or is there a preference in which onw to...
  16. bnbhoha

Costco 1.6 toilet. Anyone see this one?

I wishi I had the manufacturer name and information. I was in Coscto yesterday and they had toilets! Only one model and it was a 1.6 one that came with a toilet seat for $89. I was wondering if anyone else saw this. You usually get what you pay for, but Coscto normally carries the good stuff and...
  17. bnbhoha

soft water to toilet

I would like to measure my hard water grain. How can I do this? Thanks
  18. bnbhoha

How much water in the tank? eg. Korky valve

I'm getting ready to install some Toto Ultramaxs. Since these are low flow toilets and the purpose it to conserve water, I wanted to make sure I made the correct adjustments. How much water do we actually allow in the tank portion of the toilet? From my unlimited experience, when I used to...
  19. bnbhoha

Best CHEAP toilet?

I have the Western ARis, I think I saw it somewhere here on Terry's site for $99. Not a bad 1.6gpm toilet.
  20. bnbhoha

Would U recommend CEFIONTECT (Toto) for a rental. Does it damage easily?

Here's the thing. I'm definitely buying 6 Totos for a rental. I've read up on the CEFIONTECT finish and it looks promising. I've read some posts here that the Toto (Drake) leave skid marks sometimes. I read this thread here: https://terrylove.com/forums/printthread.php?t=769 I am thinking that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks