Search results

1. Probedude

Question on adding branch to a panel - how do you guys access the knockouts?

Thanks everyone. This is an outside panel. The room on the other side of the panel in the house is a bedroom. Regarding pulling the meter, if I come in from below I don't need to pull it. From the top I would be calling Edison to pull it as I would not be able to tighten the lock ring on...
  2. Probedude

Question on adding branch to a panel - how do you guys access the knockouts?

I have a house built in 1965 with 100A service. Looking to pull 2 separate branches off the panel, 1 to each bathroom for a in-ceiling vent/heater. Per the manufacturer information on the panel door, adding a twin breaker into one of the available slots is allowed. Question though - how do...
  3. Probedude

What is this stem?

Unscrew the stem from the nut - might just have an o-ring in there that you can replace and reuse the parts you have. Use plumbing grease as lube.
  4. Probedude

What is the I.D. of a 3/8" compression fitting?

An engineer from Brasscraft called me today. His answer? It's done that way intentionally and yet it is an interference fit. He says their 3/8" compression flexes show this the most. Weird. Dave
  5. Probedude

Old faucet handles have stained counter, now need larger flange. Now what?

Is this why the label on plumbers putty says not to use on marble? Dave
  6. Probedude

Of course it does, I wasn't questioning that. The tightening I am doing is not extreme. I've always had an good sense of correct torque on fasteners having working on mechanical things all the time. It does appear however that the brass center does not fit into the compression fitting on the...
  7. Probedude

Toilet Water Supply Rough-In

Wow, did that person want the RV living experience in his home too? Toilet, wash basin AND shower all in 1 !! Okay, maybe not a shower but sure looks like it could be used as one. Is that a drain in the floor beneath the shoes? Dave
  8. Probedude

Thanks Jimbo. Looks like BrassCraft is making the inner brass portion of the flex hose oversize. There's ribbing on it that is pushing the O.D. to 0.395". The inner step is 0.375" (exactly 3/8"). What I'm finding is that when I connect the flex on the 3/8" compression end, the nut starts to...
  9. Probedude

It's a braided flex line but the middle brass 'tube' inside the end which should be a slip fit into the angle stop connection is more like a interference fit. The connection gets tight but if you tighten a bit more, the torque levels off then gets tight again. The first 'tight' point I...
  10. Probedude

Trying to figure out a sizing problem with a 3/8" compression faucet flex line and a 3/8" compression angle stop. Right now they are a tight press fit with each other instead of a drop in fit. Question: - what's the O.D. of the tube that fits into a 3/8" compression fitting on an angle...
  11. Probedude

Need Advice on Faucets

I was wondering where you made this leap to think that I own an American car and just realized that because my username is Probedude, you must think I own a Ford Probe. Nope. My nickname is because I used to run, program and set up wafer probe test stations for a semiconductor wafer fab...
  12. Probedude

Need Advice on Faucets

What does that have to do with cars? I'm pointing out what Gary Swart has put into more words - That just because something is made in China or elsewhere doesn't mean the quality is poor. A lot of responses on this board bad mouths things made in China vs bad mouthing the companies that go...
  13. Probedude

Need Advice on Faucets

Who are you responding to?
  14. Probedude

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

And anything over 500g is overkill. https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=189112&postcount=2
  15. Probedude

Need Advice on Faucets

I'll remember that the next time only the country of origin is brought up in a discussion. Dave
  16. Probedude

Price Pfister single handle kitchen faucet - sticky lever

update: Took it apart again today and used Dow Corning 111 valve lubricant on it. It works like a dream now! Wife didn't know why I was fixing it until I asked her to give it a try after I put it back together. "WOW!" was her response. The different is night vs day.
  17. Probedude

It came with the house, I'm not the original purchaser, don't have the receipt and their 'model # lookup' help on their website didn't help me pinpoint the model. Will they still send parts out if I eventually figure out the model # with no receipt and not being the original purchaser? Dave
  18. Probedude

I've got a Price Pfister single handle kitchen faucet with ceramic valve innards that 'sticks' when you try to operate it. Makes trying to get the flow you want challenging as the lever sticks - breaks free - sticks - breaks free as you try to adjust flow. It's as if the ceramic sliding...
  19. Probedude

researching toilets

QC issues does not equate to MAP performance. These two things are not linked.
  20. Probedude

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

For what it's worth, when looking at my friend's Cimarron, the bowl shape is darn near identical to the Toto Drake - rectangular'ish. What TP are you using when you're clogging your Cimarron? We had some Charmin Ultra soft and that was clogging even our Toto Eco Drake. Put that TP in, do your...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks