Search results

1. Phillbo

My Toilet Flushes Twice

The flapper was saturated to the point that I had to hold the handle down until it completed the flush so I replaced it. Now when i flush it will flush and then the water is still rotating in the bowl fast enough to cause it to flush a second time. Not sure how to approach this. Will lowering...
  2. Phillbo

Pleated Filters?

Hello, I just had a new Heat Pump installed and the contractor told me not to use pleated filters but instead to buy the cheapest I can find as they flow better..... Any fact to this?
  3. Phillbo

Proper way to flush a Hot Water Heater..

Hello all. I had a new Electric Water Heater installed last year and the plumber that installed it recommend I flush it each year. Is there a right and wrong way to do this? Do I just turn off the water to it and let it drain or do I need to drain it with the water supply turned on still? Kill...
  4. Phillbo

Loose Toilet

Hello all. My Toilet has a slight wobble to it. I've tightened the nuts but it did not help. I don't want to tighten them any more for fear of stripping them or breaking the base. Any advise? Do I need to remove it and replace the flange and wax ring? Any negatives to just leaving it alone...
  5. Phillbo

Valve Rebuild

Can a valve like the one pictured be rebuilt? It was leaking so i tightened all the screws. That slowed down the leak to a drip. Is there a diaphragm or gasket that can be replaced to stop the leak? It's leaking where the upper and lower bodies mate. Thanks!
  6. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Temp Handle Difficult to Move

The Temp Control Handle in my shower has become very difficult to move. I replaced the Mixet Cartridge and the condition still exist. It gets stiffer after the water heats up almost like something is swelling with the heat. Replacing the cartridge did not help. Any advice? Is there a grease...
  7. Phillbo

Mixet Shower Valve Issue

Hi guys, thanks in advance for the great help I'm sure you will provide. My flow control and temp control handles were very difficult to turn and adjust so i replaced the Mixet Valve and not only does the issue still exist but now I have a lot of slop in the temp control handle. Where did i go...
  8. Phillbo

Sewer smell in house

Hello all, I've been getting a faint sewer smell in my house on occasions. I've run water in all the drains to make sure I don't have an empty trap somewhere and checked the tightness of the toilets to eliminate a leaky donut seal. Any suggestions as to other items to check? Do the toilet...
  9. Phillbo

PEX Pipe in attics?

I have a hot water leak under my slab. If I have them break up the tile and concrete floor to repair they stated that the line may leak in a new spot (copper pipe). My plumber is recommending they reroute the line using PEX Pipe in the walls and attic. I have a concern with the PEX in the...
  10. Phillbo

Low flow out of hot side of faucet.

Hello all. I have a double handled faucet in my bathroom and there is very poor flow out of the hot side. Cold side flows as expected. Any advice on first items to check? Thank you much!
  11. Phillbo

Shower /Tub Leak

Hello all. I have a leak in my Shower. I can run the water in the tub with no issues but once I pull the knob on the tub spout I get water leaking out from where the tub meets the wall. That tells me the leak is at or above the spout. How is the water diverted? Is there a valve at the spout...
  12. Phillbo

Fleck 5600 Economider - Ticking Noise

Hello all. I have a water softener with the Fleck 5600 head. It has always made a slight ticking noise but lately it's getting louder. Is this something to worry about? I assume its the timing mechanism. Do they have issues with wearing out? The unit is only about 2-3 years old.
  13. Phillbo

GE Smartwater Leak

I have a 50gal GE water heater that has developed a leak where the hot water line exits the top of the tank. There is a little depression where the fitting connects and it's full of water. I tried putting a wrench on it to tighten the fitting but could not budge it. It appears to be tight. Is...
  14. Phillbo

Leaking sprinklers when system is off

I have 2 zones in my back yard and both of them have sprinkler heads that have water leaking out of them even when the system is off. The zone in the front yard does not have this occurring. The only thing that has changed recently was I removed an old unused valve that was T'd in to the...
  15. Phillbo

Time for a new water softener system.

My current GE softener has become more work than it's worth so I'm going to replace it. I'm thinking about getting this unit: http://www.americanhomewater.com/patriot.php Any opinions from the pros?
  16. Phillbo

GE Smartwater Softner

My GE Smartwater softener is filling full of water in the tank where I add the salt. It's never done this before. Any suggestions on areas to investigate? The water is about 1.5' - 2' deep. Thanks for any insight you can offer.
  17. Phillbo

Sewer Smell in House

Hello, on occasions I get a sewer smell in my house. It appears to be coming from the guest bath that does not get a lot of use. My thought was that the water in the tub trap would evaporate over time and allow gas to back up into the bath so I got in the habit of running water in the tub once a...
  18. Phillbo

Tips to removing old Tub Faucet / Diverter

Hi guys, tub faucet/diverter is original 30 years old Mixit set screw version. I removed the set screw but the faucet is stuck on there pretty good.. I don't want to prying on it for fear of breaking something inside. Any tips for breaking lose an old faucet? I assume the hard water build up...
  19. Phillbo

Leak from bottom of garbage disposal

Had a leak under my sink.. took a look and water is coming out of the red reset button when the sink is on.... What causes this? Has the bottom rusted out ? Off to Home Depot this afternoon for a replacement.
  20. Phillbo

RO Faucet Drip Under Sink.

I had my RO system replaced but had to keep my existing faucet to match the rest of my sink hardware. There are 2 tubes (one red and one black ) that hang down under the sink and are not connected to anything. The black one has a slight drip. I called the guy that installed it and he said to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks