Search results

1. elliottdillon

toilet / shower / vent configuration

The 1st floor lav's vent proceeds to 6" above the 2nd floor lav's rim, where it joins the main stack vent.
  2. elliottdillon

The fitting that it and the lav sink drain enter the 4" main is a 3" combination wye+1/8 rolled 45 toward the wall. A wye plus a 45 elbow would fit in the available space, too. The 1st floor lav's vent proceeds to 6" above the 2nd floor lav's rim.
  3. elliottdillon

The other pipe by the lav sink is the soil stack from the 2nd floor bath.
  4. elliottdillon

So the toilet vent must be on the toilet branch itself, or at least downstream of where the toilet branch drains into the 4" main? What is a running trap? The shower trap is about 16" from the shower drain. The drop from the drain to the trap is about 8". The vent is less than 5' from the shower...
  5. elliottdillon

I'm trying to configure a toilet, a bathtub/shower combo, and a dry vent in a 6 x 10 1st floor bathroom. My county uses 1999 BOCA code. Can the 2" dry vent be positioned as shown, upstream of the toilet? What other tips can you provide? For example, use a wye as a cleanout instead of a co tee...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks