Search results

1. M

what pump?

>Application -Submersible would be ideal. However, a suction lift of 8 ft is not impossible for a regular pump. Don't forget dry-run protection. (float switch? - watch out for vortex) >Sizing -As previously stated, you will need the max flow. Aside from that you need the total head...
  2. M

Grundfos SQE10-5 and CU301

There's an online catalog program that will show you the exploded view. www.webcaps.com Catalog>Groundwater>SQE model B & B>10SQE> - do the "-160" - it's a 1/2 HP. You might not see the exact part number (SQE10-05-***) -the *** is just the # of impellers. From there you can see the...
  3. M

Pump Power Required?

Pump sizing has absoultely NOTHING to do with HP. Does this make sense.... "I need a car that will do 25 MPH - what HP do I need?" It's like comparing a riding lawnmower to a moped. The mower is probably 12HP - can it do 25mph? Now what about a little motorized scooter or moped - much less...
  4. M

Well Water Pressure Problem.

You might check the amp draw on the motor. If it's anywhere near Full-Load Amps - then the pump is probably operating correctly - but a leak could mean it's at or near run-out. This would explain the very low differential pressure.
  5. M

Pump Type Functions

How about you give an application - then someone can tell you which style is the best. They are all centrifugal pumps... the keyword you're looking for is "Suction Lift".
  6. M

PRV - What happens when it fails?

111 psi from mains. WILKINS MODEL 70 (25-75 range) The pressure after the PRV is also 111psi. No matter how I adjust the PRV it's still 111psi. Aside from this, at .96 GPM, the pressure drops down to 40psi. (a drop of 71psi) So at a minimal flow - it's killing my water pressure; and at...
  7. M

CSVs good or bad?

http://www.irrigation.org/ibt/0208/p29.htm The CSV article has much more clout because there's actually math used. "If a variable-speed drive had been used the submersible motor would overheat or "cycle" during low-flow situations." -Perhaps in 1992. Nowadays, decent vfd systems...
  8. M

cu301 with larger pressure tank?

That is correct. Putting a larger pressure tank on the system will cause the SQE to not shut off as quickly [if at all]. With an SQE there really is no bandwidth to speak of... the tank merely provides enough flow to allow the pump to come up to speed. With a CSV you won't have a large enough...
  9. M

is our pump dying? can we fix it?

That IS the whole point... where do you think the energy savings comes from? It all depends upon what the high flow of the sprinkler system is and also what the pressure boost is compared to the static head. 20gpm? 50gpm? 100gpm? (I only brought this up because there was a 980 gallon...
  10. M

is our pump dying? can we fix it?

Holy cow; that's a lot of 'tank'. So you are boosting the city pressure (lowered from elevation) to 60psi - I'm assuming the tanks and pump are in the house? (or same elevation as house?) If you are worried about the fire/safety sprinkler system... unless you have an insanely large storage...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks