Search results

1. L

Remote sensor shutoff valve for water heater

On The New This Old House I saw an episode that put a 2 inch pan underneath the water heater, installed a remote sensor that detects water in the pan and at a certain depth triggers a new shutoff valve in the plumbing to turn off the water into the water heater. I liked the fix which would...
  2. L

Anode rod replacement in water heater

In Feb 1997, I heard a new noise in the house from my kitchen that was coming from the basement. You guessed it, my water heater blew its top. I had it replaced with the same kind - a Ruudglas Master gas water heater, Model M40S-2. The previous water heater lasted about 11 years with a 5...
  3. L

Curious about my water pressure

I just had my water service line (galvanized) replaced with 1 inch plastic from the town shutoff on my front lawn to my house. What a difference! I then had the town run a flow (velocity) rate test the next day which produced 5 gal/1.5 min. of rusty water. Essentially, the excavation crew had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks