Search results

1. peltaz

bathroom fixture shutoff question

In my bathroom I have 3/8 quarter turn shutoffs attached to Wirsbo pex all set for a sink. I have a kiddie pedestal sink with kiddie faucet to install. The faucet comes with 1/2" braided supply lines that are threaded directly into the faucet on one end and are 1/2" FIP on the other end. My...
  2. peltaz

house main shutoff

The main shutoff on my house needs to be replaced. It is an old gate valve. Under code can I replace it with a ball valve or is it rrequired to be a full-bore gate valve? Thanks as always.
  3. peltaz

pex repipe

My house is old galvanized pipe which I am considering having repiped using Wirsbo pex. In the course of getting a couple of estimates I forgot to ask a question I have been wondering about. My house has updated electrical with 2 grounding rods from the main panel although the house is...
  4. peltaz

Bonding/grounding and PEX

I have been reading some of the posts about grounding after installing pex. If an existing galvanized system were grounded to the cold water main where it enters the house couldn't the old galvanized conceivably remain grounded via a jumper? If the old galvanized system were left in place and...
  5. peltaz

pex insulation

I haven't really thought of this but just read about it on this forum. I have Wirsbo Pex running through an uninsulated crawlspace in southern AZ. Is it worth insulating the supply lines running through there?
  6. peltaz

draining supply lines

After shutting off the water, how do you completely drain the supply lines of a one story house? There really are no faucets or spigots that are significantly lower in elevation than the others. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  7. peltaz

PEX brands

After Wirsbo Aquapex and propex fittings what is the consensus on the next best brands? I am pondering a galvanized repipe in a crawlspace under the house and am shopping around for ideas. I live in Arizona with only a couple of freezes a year. Thanks.
  8. peltaz

shutoff requirements

If using a home run system with pex are individual shutoffs still required at each fixture if the manifold is easily accessable? What if a flow through manifold is used to connect say a sink and toilet on the same supply line? Thanks.
  9. peltaz

PEX design question

I am in the planning stages of a repipe of my single story house with mostly old galvanized pipe. As I look at the 3 main designs (trunk and branch, home run and remote manifold) I am wondering why there aren't very many suggestions of more combinations of PEX. I have only read about some...
  10. peltaz

new water main

I guess a call to my local plumbing inspector would answer these questions but where is the fun in that? I have a 1938 home in AZ that I have lived in for 5 years. About half the house has been repiped with copper in the last 15 years with the rest being galvanized. While contemplating the...
  11. peltaz

pipe reline

I am curious about the pros and cons of pipe relining. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of previous discussion here. I don't know all that much about it other than the pipes are sandblasted and then coated inside with an epoxy. My house was built in 1938. Half of the house is 10 year...
  12. peltaz

partially blocked hot water to shower

I recently completed a small plumbing repair that required the opening and closing of a seldom used hot water shutoff several times. Recently the hot water pressure to a shower on that line suddenly decreased to less than half. The other fixtures on the same branch have not had any reduction...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks