Search results

1. D

rounded bottom on American Standard Cadet 3

If only I had found this forum sooner!!!! I would be drinking a beer and relaxing instead of working on this bathroom project still! The advice in this forum is invaluable. I have 4 other toilets to replace in the coming months between 2 houses, so thankfully I learned my lesson early. Thanks...
  2. D

Thank you for responding to my post. Yes, I bought it at a big box store and guess what, this is the second time around. The first one had bad glazing and before I bought this one, I made them open it up so I could check it. It looked fine although it was missing the parts bag that they got...
  3. D

I just installed an American Standard Cadet 3 round toilet in my guest bath and even though the floor and toilet are level, there is still a good size gap at the base. Everything is bolted down well, it just seems as if this toilet has a rounded bottom instead of a flat flush bottom. Is this...
  4. D

LOST on recessed flange

thanks very much for the assistance.
  5. D

LOST on recessed flange

thanks jimbo. I think i will go with the fluidmaster waxless. any advice or tricks of the trade on these is appreciated as i've never had any experience with them. kind of crazy that i was in 2 **********s and a hardware store and all 3 places told me that the #10 wax ring is just fine for up...
  6. D

LOST on recessed flange

thanks for the advice jim. i was just wondering how the fluidmaster remains fixed to the toilet bowl. is there an adhesive on that model or is it the weight of the toilet that keeps pressure on it? i see on other options like the fernco one, they have you glue it to the bottom of the toilet...
  7. D

LOST on recessed flange

I am a diy'er, not a pro. I have been reading, reviewing, asking, and obsessing over a problem i was having with a recessed flange in my newly tiled bathroom and I am just as lost as ever. My flange is 1/2 inch below the finished tile floor and I need to re-install my toilet. Here is the...
  8. D

dwv system and bath remodel

thank you for the reply. how do you feel about the twist and set flange being used to replace the old one?
  9. D

dwv system and bath remodel

Quick background first - I am currently remodeling a 4 x 5 bathroom in the upstairs of my townhouse that was built in 1952. Since I had the bathroom gutted and the basement is unfinished, I have been looking at the dwv system and have noticed that the cast iron main stack/waste pipe is not set...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks