Search results

1. D

No hot water pressure

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I posted a question originally but got little response. At any rate, I have fixed the problem. On close examination, The Rheem heater did indeed have the "heat trap nipples"(pictures on Rheem's website, and available at Home Depot). Yesterday I cut the CPVC inlet...
  2. D

No hot water pressure

Jim is correct in that I mis-stated the problem. It is a flow problem, not a pressure problem. We have high water pressure in the neighborhood, so we have a pressure regulator on the incoming line (set at about 50 psi). I have checked it at an outside faucet, and it is 50, roughly the same as at...
  3. D

No hot water pressure

Eric, thanks, very helpful. I don't think it can be the outlet valve, as I have measured the pressure in the tank(at the drain valve). It is 50 psi with no faucets open, 0-5 psi with any one faucet in the house open. House is 3 years old, tank is in the attic. I have cycled the inlet valve, no...
  4. D

No hot water pressure

I have the same problem, but all the time. Could Cal elaborate a bit on the terminology used in the reply regarding "checks in the nipples"? I am a novice , and don't know for sure what that means. I am in South Carolina and don't have any freezing problems. Thanks.
  5. D

Low hot water pressure

Inlet valve is open all the way. I also opened and closed it several times in case some trash was caught in the ball valve. Cold water is fine. Tank outlet is fine, since pressure drop is measured at the tank drain. I drained about 5 gallons from the tank, didn't help
  6. D

Low hot water pressure

Our house is 3 years old, PVC piping. Main supply water pressure is regulated at 50 psi. Pressure at hot water tank drain is 50 psi with all faucets closed, drops to 0-5 psi with any one hot faucet open. Is it a blockage at the tank inlet ???
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks