Search results

1. montreaux

Ice water box valve repair or replace

Done (whew) A timely caution given by HJ! Holding that lowest nut in place with pliers, while using another pair of pliers to turn the valve body, and it eventually it unscrewed. Replaced with ... you got it... a 1/2" MIP-threaded replacement valve. All is well. Thanks for the info.
  2. montreaux

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm leaning toward letting a pro do this one, and probably just put in a new water box. Of course I knew to turn off the water before attempting the work, but I was concerned that an attempt to disassemble the valve could damage something and create a leak that...
  3. montreaux

Photo here Attached close-up photo of the valve, but you still can't see how the fitting below the box is connected: compression or solder. I notice that the valve looks like a female thread, but I don't know if the nut shown is a lock nut or serves another purpose, and maybe it's not a...
  4. montreaux

How can I repair or replace the 1/4 turn valve in the icemaker water supply box? I turned off the water to the fridge to work on the icemaker, and now the valve won't open back up (the handle moves fine, but something's now jammed inside). The ice maker water supply box and valve unit are 8 yrs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks