Search results

1. clav8

Need some direction, adding basement shower

Ok...digging is done! A have a 8 foot trench all the way over to the other drain. The other drain (which comes from drain stack #1 in the above pictures) is also ceramic and wyes together with the ceramic drain coming from the laundry floor drain. As i suspected, the main water line also runs...
  2. clav8

I like the ending...."we're floating down the river....we're floating down the stream" I am continuing to dig and will hopefully see what is going on where the ceramic and pvc cross paths. Once all is clear, I just might have a plumber come in an do the fittings...at least I will have saved...
  3. clav8

Brought my pictures to a reputable plumbing supply company, and they told me that the clay/ceramic drain will run in 3 foot sections. They suggested that I dig a little further, then remove the one of the 3 foot sections and replace it with one that offers a 2" wye coupler.
  4. clav8

I think it is connected to the snitary....just cleaned out the sludge from the floor drain....and it stinks like s***. I sucked out all I could with the shop wet vac and it stayed dry for about 2 minutes and then the trap filled again by itself. Is this normal? I think it's backflow...but...
  5. clav8

forgot pics....interested to know your opinion
  6. clav8

Thanks Patrick...I may just have to do that...but obviously avoiding more digging if I can. Good advice.
  7. clav8

Really? Here is a new pic. I don't know for sure, but it looks like the Ceramic line will run into the PVC that comes from the toilet. Do you think I can hook into the ceramic still?
  8. clav8

OK...dug down into concrete almost right underneith where I want the shower is the 4" ceramic drain pipe that comes through from the floor drain that's 4 feet away. Can I plumb the shower (with p-trap) into this ceramic drain somehow and then run a vent pipe up into the existing vent stack...
  9. clav8

Thanks for the advice! I'm getting a pipe wrench to get the cleanout valves off the other stacks so I can check direction with my camera....want to ensure the least cutting of concrete possible.
  10. clav8

huh? would you mind to elaborate? your response doesn't get me any further ahead. If you could suggest a possible solution based on the info I have provided within the thread, or ask a question to clarify the problem that would at least HELP work towards a solution here. Is that not...
  11. clav8

few responses....I guess all the plumbers are plumbing this weekend! :p
  12. clav8

OK..I ran a small camera down into the pipe about 5 feet and to my surprise it runs diagonally toward the front corner of our house. I thought for sure it would run straight toward the front. There are no other drainage pipes to the left of this one. Does this mean that all the others likely...
  13. clav8

Thanks NHMaster, So if I can see where they previously dug out the concrete for the toilet, (the digout extends toward the front of the house about 1 foot from the base of the toilet) it leads me to believe that it continues towards the front of house. In that case, would the piping in my...
  14. clav8

Any plumbers out there able to look over the second diagram to let me know if that would be acceptable? Thanks.
  15. clav8

Thanks HJ, Certainly, don't mean any disrespect to the trade..but like most people asking for help on here trying to save a little cash and also get enjoyment out of pushing my handyman abilities.....oh and if I can impress the wife at the same time...well that can have it's rewards too :o)...
  16. clav8

OK...I'm thinking i'll cut the concrete and chip away toward the left and try and tap into the drain that should be travelling toward the front of the house from the toilet. My only concern is that I may run into the main water line before I hit the drain. Any thoughts?
  17. clav8

Hi guys, First...thanks for all the informative posts....I've spent countless hours learning from them! Asking for help...please view pic (I am facing the back of the house/away from the street)and any advice would be appreciated. As per pic - #1 = 2nd floor Main bath Drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks