Search results

1. peeks

Ok to use a sanitary cross in a wet vent?

sanitary cross in a wet vent? Right, it looks like my wye is reversed in the diagram. I should have drawn it so the shower p-trap is on the left side of the drain line. Thanks to everyone for their comments! - it looks like I have a workable solution now.
  2. peeks

sanitary cross in a wet vent Wait, I think I may have just had a breakthrough in understanding this. I just Googled "illegal s-trap" and came up with the following definition: "A trap having its weir installed above the inlet of the vent connection." an interpretation of the above that I...
  3. peeks

sanitary cross in a wet vent First thanks very much everyone for your comments. I checked with the inspector and he advised me not to use the cross fitting just like everyone here did. Ok fine, so that's eliminated. He said that if a wye is substituted then it should be fine. So here's what...
  4. peeks

sanitary cross in a wet vent? Terry, Ok - if you don't think it's to code then I believe you. There must have been a miscommunication between he and I. I better go check with him again. Can you do me a favor and please tell me what piece(s) of the proposed design are flawed? Thanks!
  5. peeks

cross in a wet vent? Terry, Thanks for your comments although I don't know if I understand fully why it won't work. Here's a diagram of what I described in my original post: My local inspector already approved this design (in fact he suggested it) - with the exception of the sanitary cross...
  6. peeks

I'm wet-venting my shower drain. The wet vent will consist of the shower drain pipe connecting to the drain pipe coming from the sink. There is a vent from the sink up through the roof. I've checked with the local inspector to make sure all the pipe sizes are correct, but I forgot to ask him...
  7. peeks

Ok to cut or extend closet bend?

Ok, thanks Terry - great info! What about the "extension"? - can I connect the flange to the closet bend with a length of PVC? I guess I'm slightly afraid of drilling a 3.5" hole in a 2x10 joist to accomodate 3" PVC. The code states that you can only drill a hole 1/3 of the depth of the...
  8. peeks

Ok to cut or extend closet bend?

First my two questions, hopefully simple for the experienced to answer: 1) Does code allow the top of a 3"x4" closet bend be cut shorter? 2) Does code allow the use of an additional length of PVC to be cemented inbetween the closet flange and the closet bend - a sort of extension? If so, can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks