Search results

1. MavisPlace

Pin Holes in Buried Copper

I'm replacing all the rolled copper water under slab water lines for my house with overhead type L, as the hot water line to the kitchen sprung a leak under the family room and provided supplemental radiant heat. Unfortunately all this additional heat came in the middle of summer. Worked great...
  2. MavisPlace

Trouble with copper fittings

Thanks for the tips guys. Gotta say though, I'm still struggling with it. I knew that advancing the cutter wheel with too much force could distort the tube or cause a higher ridge, so I've been careful about that. I think the blade is still in good shape. If I had any doubts about that being...
  3. MavisPlace

Terry, Thanks for that tip. I thought the outside reamer was supposed to take care of that but apparently it's not a very good tool, or I don't know how to use it. I'll pay special attention and look for a ridge on the cut tube. Btw, this is the best forum I've seen for a wide range of work...
  4. MavisPlace

I am having trouble with 3/4" copper fittings being too tight on type L tubing. I purchased most of the material from Home Depot. I know many professionals question the quality of materials from HD, preferring to patronize their local plumbing supplier instead. With the cost of copper, I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks