Search results

1. J

pump wont come on

These guys were not the original installers. Said where the pipes inside well casing was leaking was causing water to drain back from points, therefore no pressure built up to turn points on so once we used all of the water in the tank, pump wasnt coming on.
  2. J

pump wont come on

Thanks to all who gave advice, hope that by posting the final solution someone else can use this info to help them. Must have been mistaken about the points closing and pump not coming on, unless at that time there was just enough pressure to try but not enough to complete the task. Oh well...
  3. J

pump wont come on

OK, called in the professionals, the guy who installed everything several years ago used 15 to 20 feet pieces of pipe and then connected them together for over 110 feet instead of one large roll of pipe. These fittings were starting to rust thus causing leaks in between, causing backflow and...
  4. J

pump wont come on

Sorry Hillbilly didnt mean to forget you. Yes the pump is in the well casing.
  5. J

pump wont come on

The well is 110 ft. deep its a little difficult to watch the water levels.
  6. J

pump wont come on

I can run water all day long, wash clothes, run dishwasher, shower, flush toilets and other things and the water is fine, its when you stop using the water when it wont come back on. Overnight and if we leave for awhile is when the points wont close to turn on the pump.
  7. J

pump wont come on

No pump was not running, but we have noticed that when the pump is running that over by the well casing you can hear air sucking sounds.
  8. J

pump wont come on

dont really know alot about the pump, but I do know that the pump is inside the well.
  9. J

pump wont come on

We have tried using a different switch and no difference, and we have also checked well and there is plenty of water.
  10. J

pump wont come on

Yes we do have the low pressure cut out switch.
  11. J

pump wont come on

Everything is set right 30-50 and 28 air pressure, new switch.
  12. J

pump wont come on

Hey Gary, Thanks for your response, I had someone else tell me they same thing so I took points off and took a long screwdriver and ran it down thru nipple it did come out with some rust but screwdriver went right thru. Do you think that there could be something larger it the pipes that is...
  13. J

pump wont come on

My problem is that when I am home and running water it will work all day long but if I go to work or even to bed the next time I use the water it will run until tank is empty and then pressure drops to zero. I have to manually close the switch to force water. When the pressure drops to 30 the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks