Search results

1. TIBO

Vent issue new basement bathroom

Well, found it. It was the BWV. I don't know why but the rubber o-ring on the valve was kind of sealed. I had to pry it with a flathead screwdriver. Afterward, I cleaned it, I flushed the toilet (and pulled some sink water in the same time) and everything worked as intended. I also found...
  2. TIBO

Thanks, I've changed my link in the #16 post.
  3. TIBO

As said earlier, the AAV have been unscrewed and the toilet didn't work much more. How can I "test" the check/backwater valve (how can I force open it, while someone flushes the toilet, if it's what I need for testing purpose)? Could the valve being installed on the wrong side? How to verify...
  4. TIBO

Hi, My AAV is a Oatey, it can be unscrewed. In fact, the first time I flushed the toilet, the AAV wasn't screwed to the pipe yet. My vent was free of it. Afterward I screwed the AAV but it was neither better nor worst. As for the check valves, I don't have the brand right now and I don't...
  5. TIBO

Thanks, I'll try all that. Also, being that - I have a hole in the wall behind the sink (it's my workshop) where I can see my AAV and - I have access to where I've cut the first big vent the plumber installed (in the bedroom suspended ceiling) Could I try reconnecting them in a MacGyver way -...
  6. TIBO

I've got to check valve: - one for the basement bathroom - one for the city "I would be looking a the check valve that shou.dn't be there"... what are you saying: I should have check valves? Yet it is mandatory from code.
  7. TIBO

I'll try to understand what you said by asking you some questions. "Can you open the drain...", "...at least drop the trap" - Do you mean that for testing purpose, I should "unscrew" the lavatory p-trap? "Cleanout" - I have one cleanout on the main drain. You're telling me to open it while I...
  8. TIBO

The orange cap is not the vent, this is the roughing for the sink drain, which is now properly connected to a p-trap and the sink drain. The vent is the upright part you see on the left. The AAV is connected about where the photo top stops (about 6 feet high).
  9. TIBO

Hi, I recently did a complete remodel of our basement and we decided to install a small bathroom (toilet, shower and sink). I think the plumber did a good job. Here's what he did (see underground work photo): - far left is the sink drain - top/left is the shower drain (with the white...
  10. TIBO

Flowise Dual Flush 2479.216 dual flush toilet, problems and questions

Hi Neotonic, This is a really nice piece of information. Thanks
  11. TIBO

image worth a thousand words... thanks again Terry
  12. TIBO

Hello Terry, For my own curiosity, can you give me a brief explanation why on this toilet, the water level is always the same, even if I poor a big amount of water in it? I'm - as you could see - not a plumber and I this concept doesn't make sense to me. ;) Thank you
  13. TIBO

Hello guys, I poored about 6 liters of water slowly in the bowl but the level didn't rise. Is it normal?
  14. TIBO

I'll try that and let you know. Thanks
  15. TIBO

Hello guys, Here a photo of my toilet to check with you if the water level is normal. I can also tell you that it took 2 full flush to get rid of the solid waste. I assume that it is not normal and I want to know what can be done about that. We have the toilet since a month. Thanks...
  16. TIBO

Thanks a lot guys for your posts. All of this is really appreciated. I will post pictures probably tonight or tomorrow. Have a nice day to all of you. - Eric
  17. TIBO

Hello Redwood, Thanks for the reply. You wrote that this is a piece of junk. As a master plumber, can you elaborate a bit more on that for my own knowledge please? Also you wrote "If you could return it I would". Sorry, but I'm a french speaking person so I'm not sure about what you...
  18. TIBO

Hi there, I recently bought a Flowise #2479.216 and I'm just not sure about if it is ok or not. Here are my questions: - Is it normal that at the end of the flush cycle there is no "air sucking action" (in other words: the water doesn't completely go)? - Is it normal that there is only...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks