Search results

1. MikeVila

New vanity, waste smell.

I was updating my process on my thread. ????
  2. MikeVila

New vanity, waste smell.

Well did some process of elimination. Took trap apart, water full in trap. Took plumbing apart and plugged drain line, no smell. So I know there's nothing coming from under house. It's either the coupling or AAV.
  3. MikeVila

New vanity, waste smell.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/radraptor78/Master%20Bath%20Remodel/IMG_1143.jpg
  4. MikeVila

New vanity, waste smell.

I have a manufactured home with ABS plumbing and it used an AV in place of a vent. I replymbed it basically exactly as it was before. The only difference is I used a shielded no-hub connector to transition to PVC. I now smell sewer gas and can't figure it out. I can stick my nose at top of sink...
  5. MikeVila

Our new bathroom, almost cooked

LOL, everyone's a critic. ;)
  6. MikeVila

Yep, I caught that too. :(
  7. MikeVila

Tub overflow/drain?

Well I went ahead and got a solvent weld P trap while I was at Lowes the other day. Wife gets annoyed that I am so anal. LOL. I just like to do things the best way possible and hope to do it one time.
  8. MikeVila

That towel rack looks awesome, especially with the can light. Nice work.
  9. MikeVila

Who to call for code?

Sorry, I thought I had my location listed. It actually said Virginia when I looked up just now. LOL, I am in Southeastern, Ohio. I actually already have the couplings and transition cement. I guess I will try to call tomorrow. I just assembled and glued my waste/overflow and would like to get...
  10. MikeVila

Who to call for code?

Who do you call to ask if something is allowed or code legal in your area? Can you just call a plumbing business and ask or do they not like that? Just don't know who your supposed to call to ask a question like that? I want to call and find out if I can use transition cement for ABS to pvc or...
  11. MikeVila

Tub overflow/drain?

Yes you are correct. I am just going to go with a PVC tailpiece and glue now. I have a PVC trap. BUT, I just found out I have to get a different one. The trap I have has a union. I guess I can't use it, have to get a solvent welded trap also. I thank you for your input.
  12. MikeVila

Relocating drain! Look good?

LOL, see learn something new everyday. Just get a regular trap and dry fit everything and mark all the fittings with a black marker? How do you guys usually put the tailpiece in? After everything is glued and you set the whirlpool in the island do you then tilt the whirlpool up to slike and glue...
  13. MikeVila

What is wrong with the trap? Now that I think, is it because it has a union and isn't solvent welded? So I would have to get one and glue it so there is no swivel? Is it considered concealed even if there will be a small square hole in the subfloor where you will tighten everything?
  14. MikeVila

Yes sir that is ABS. I had bought the transition cement but have heard so many people say not to use it. I have no hub couplers that I will use then. I was told to use T's. That is why I was getting so confused. May I ask why the sanitary T isn't allowed. It has the curve in it, seems like it...
  15. MikeVila

Out of the trap outlet and a 90 into the horizontal run of the T. And street 90 out of the top of the T and then run to the vent stack at the wall. And for the abs to pvc I guess I could put a piec of pipe on each side of the T and use no hub connectors? Noone seems to like the transition...
  16. MikeVila

LOL, Am I being punked or what? Will this end? Why does one master plumber tell me something than another tells me something oppositte? This is getting crazy. :eek: If not use the san T should I use the Wye's then? Why am I getting multiple stories? The vent will be higher than the...
  17. MikeVila

I didn't shoot myself lol, the lines were there, I didn't put them there lol. No it should be close but it will be just perfect amount of room to come down some. So your giving me approval to run my vent and glue it together? LOL. Don't see any problems?
  18. MikeVila

O.K. I still haven't gotten this plumbing job completed. I keep getting different stories on what is allowed. On the current setup I was gonna use wye's and was told no to use T's. Cut the wye,t combo out and installed a T and then someone said it had to be a Wye. This is what I have dry fit. I...
  19. MikeVila

Tub overflow/drain?

I have a trap adapter for the trap. It only fits the thinwall PVC. The sch. 40 is to big. I know I just ain't got the right setup. Any ideas?
  20. MikeVila

Tub overflow/drain?

I copy! I have found some that are whirlpool type specific (17"-22"). Now what about the tailpiece to P trap connection? Do you glue it? I was wondering because I will probably do plenty of dry fitting and checking things over before I start closing everything in and such. Thanks a million!!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks