Search results

1. DX

Small diameter shower head

Does anyone know of a good quality handheld shower head that is no more than 3"-3.25" head diameter and 2.5gpm? Not having much luck with the head diameter as a search term.
  2. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

Problem solved. After much experimenting I couldn't figure out why it was leaking, so I replaced the original Kohler slant flush valve with a universal Fluidmaster 2" flush valve. No more leaking. I examined the Kohler valve (and the blue flapper, which was new) closely and I can't see...
  3. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

I tightened it with an adjustable wrench like this, used on edge. Yes it's a bit hard to get to the nut and Kohler should provide a plastic wrench with the kit...
  4. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

No, the flush valve is not cracked, I had it out and inspected when I replaced the tank to bowl gasket. And the flush valve bottom seal was replaced with a new one.
  5. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

There is slack in the chain. You can see it in my picture in post #3. What is a "compromised" flush valve? What am I looking for?
  6. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

Very good point. It was only a couple hours when I took the photo. Will flush a few more times and wait longer each time just to see if it does the same thing consistently. I don't believe the red Korky will fit this valve, it takes the blue one with the float marshmallow. No there are no...
  7. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean "where it's leaking from"? It's leaking from the tank into the bowl, that's why the tank is left empty. I don't understand what food coloring would tell me that I don't already know.
  8. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

Nothing is cracked, I had it all apart and examined carefully. Flapper is new, just installed it, looked fine. Chain has some slack so it's not pulling the flapper off the seat Bad flush valve assembly, how would it be bad? Somehow distorted or out of round? I see no physical defects. Edit: I...
  9. DX

Kohler Wellworth leaking

Kohler Wellworth 2 piece toilet, about 20 yrs old, 1.6gal. It's in the basement bath so rarely used. I just replaced the tank to bowl gasket and bolts, the blue flapper with the float thingie and I also put in a Fluidmaster "leak sentry" fill valve. Everything works fine but the tank is empty...
  10. DX

Condensate neutralizer kits

Ok, I did find several manufacturers who combine the condensate pump and neutralizer chamber. Also found an additional question. As far as the media, it appears that magnesium oxide and hydroxide offer better performance than calcium carbonate, but I'm still looking for some objective data, not...
  11. DX

Condensate neutralizer kits

As far as I know, all neutralizer kits are just sealed containers full of chemical pellets. If there are other types, please let me know. Questions: 1. Do they flow well under just gravity or do they need the water pressure provided by a condensate pump? In other words, will they work with a...
  12. DX

Pipe bungs

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. Both of those types will do. Much obliged.
  13. DX

Pipe bungs

I need to put a fitting on the side of a 3" copper pipe so I can connect a small pipe (1/2" or 3/4") to it. Is there such a thing as a mechanical bung for doing this? It can be any type of mechanical attachment, I just prefer not to have to solder it. There is no water pressure, it's all drain...
  14. DX

Honeywell gas valve

For future readers' reference: Honeywell/Resideo tech line (see post #5 above) is very helpful and knowledgeable. I am impressed. Yes this is a water heater gas valve The last 4 digits are irrelevant. They are a manufacturing code having to do with intended customers, etc. Technically they are...
  15. DX

Honeywell gas valve

Thanks John. That is immensely helpful. I appreciate it.
  16. DX

Honeywell gas valve

Thanks John. Honeywell is a huge company. Any idea where to start? Who to call? Name of the division?
  17. DX

Honeywell gas valve

I need to replace a Honeywell gas valve VR8204A2506. It is obsolete and I noticed there are a whole bunch of VR8204A valves with many, many different last 4 digits. In fact I pulled the manual for that valve and it doesn't even mention having the last 4 digits...
  18. DX

Thin wall couplings

Thanks guys. Those Hulk couplings look very nice but the only place I found them online the price is $185. Ouch! I will call Fernco tomorrow, they are in my area.
  19. DX

Thin wall couplings

Does Fernco (or anyone else) make a flex coupling for 4" thin wall (sewer & drain, ASTM D2729) PVC pipe? I can't find any in their listings but they are a bit awkward to navigate so I may have missed them. I don't care if they have metal jacket or not. Thanks.
  20. DX

KBI/King Brothers plumbing fittings

I'm not familiar with this brand, but I see a fair number of them on the Ferguson website and others. Not particularly cheap. Google finds no such manufacturer. Is this a generic brand of crappy offshore made fittings?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks