Search results

1. V

Want to moonshine some R-22?

Maybe they are carrying a few pounds of R22. V
  2. V

Lowering thermostat , how much and closing vents

If you are feeling cold air, and no heat is felt coming out of the duct, then the room has become depressurized and outside (cold) air is being pulled in from around windows, or other areas. Probably better to have some heat to room (also better for your furnace). V
  3. V

Negative air pressure?

I had a situation similar to yours. Air was flowing rapidly under the door to the basement. I determined that I had a rather large leak in my return system. I made a simple tool using a dowel (about a yard long) with a 1" strip of facial tissue attached to one end. By running the tissue over...
  4. V

Heater question

I would go ahead and schedule the maintenance. It could be a relatively inexpensive fix. V
  5. V

Per Therm for Natural Gas

Gas price My rate in southern New Jersey has been running $1.45 - $1.50 per therm. That's with All charges included. V
  6. V

MasterCool thermostat senitivity

I don't think that's a matter of sensitivity. If you are getting a call for cooling, which is interrupted (turns off), then back on in 10 seconds, something is wrong. A decent thermostat, and most certainly a quality a/c, should have a 5 minute delay to prevent accidental stopping and...
  7. V

Heat Pumps After Thermostat Replacement

Turn your thermostat up 5 degrees or so. It should kick in auxiliary heat. Perhaps, at night when it gets cold, the balance point may be set too low, or the HP is not super-efficient and is not able to supply enough heat before aux kicks in. Does your thermostat have a setting for...
  8. V

Shower tap question

On the opposite side of the wall (possibly in a closet), there should be a removable panel. Inside, there should be shut-off valves for hot and cold water. If not there, then maybe in basement. Try adjusting the cold water valve (turn toward off) to equalize the flow of hot and cold if hot...
  9. V

Furnace drain problem

By all means, use a pump. I just had my system replaced with a 95% furnace and a/c. The condensate is pumped up about 15 feet and discharged into a first floor laundry tub. (my design) Now I can monitor the operation of my furnace-a/c conveniently. No freeze-ups in the winter. V
  10. V

Condensate Removal Pump

try some clorox I had a new Hi Eff furnace/air conditioner installed. During the slack period (no heat/cool) I noticed a slimey feel inside my pump. Ran some dilute clorox through it (several cycles) and slime is gone. If your not heating at the moment, try turning off power to stop the...
  11. V

Manual J Does it sound correct

manual J? Stating heating and cooling degree days does not give a true value for sizing heating/cooling, since your dealing with averages of temperatures in a period. Did your 'manual J' state heat loss and heat gain (sensible and latent)? This is what's needed. V
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks