Search results

1. Pmaru77

"Newish" Delta Kitchen faucet went bad.......

Ouch, bummer valve design. I guess I will try to get a free replacement valve, but surely will get a better faucet during the remodel. But $250 retail faucet down the drain? How does one go about getting a free valve replacement?
  2. Pmaru77

When I put things back together, it does work better but still stiff. Is there any maintenance I can do on this valve to fix the issue?
  3. Pmaru77

My wife bought a faucet and had it installed while I was away. No box to identify what it is. But after one year, the valve is way sticky and have to wrestle the handle to get the water to flow. Getting a smooth transition to the flow you want is way gone. I took off the handle and here are...
  4. Pmaru77

HELP! brass fitting far in........... Removing Phister shower handle

You are too kind, but I accept. Now my other f-up. I tiled the bathroom floor and did not realize that I had a squeak in the floor opposite the toilet. When I pulled off the old floor in the bathroom, the previous floor guy had put down a layer of 1/2 inch of ply to fix the toilet area rot...
  5. Pmaru77

Once the "light went on in my head" from the idea of splitting a dowel, my experience with tool making went into gear. I went to Ace Hardware (5 minutes away) and got a dowel that was the perfect size. Started hacking and was done with the tool in less than 1/2 hr. Got the wedge cut to the...
  6. Pmaru77

Yeah baby.....we did it. Thanks to all that participated. And the winning idea was to split the wood dowel. Idid not have to wet it because it has those indents at the end and the screw heads got in there and worked like a charm once I had everything cut to length etc.
  7. Pmaru77

Still not solved. I had to install the fixtures and the shower is running, but with a plywood backing plate for the valve. I ordered a inside pipe wrench that has 5 different diameters on it but you cannot separate the 5 diameters and the large 2 or 3" diameter stops the tool from going in far...
  8. Pmaru77

Yeah, I tried that and got nowhere. Ferguson Plumbing Supplies, they didn't even know or understand the tool. These days the plumbing stores are full of clerks and salespeople. The good old plumbing stores are basically non existent anymore, and finding a plumber that has the tool would be...
  9. Pmaru77

I like that idea. I tried needle nose by itself and hahaha! tried it, no go. Maybe I can get away with using it and sending it back. I'm on a deadline to get the shower up and running for the weekend.
  10. Pmaru77

looks like 1 1/4" id behind the threads of course.
  11. Pmaru77

I've got this Phister valve handle and the brass sleeve that screws in is too far in and I don't know how to unscrew it. This is new stuff and I've had it for about a month. I did a dry fit when the shower plumbing was done to check out the valve. I accidently screwed the brass fitting all the...
  12. Pmaru77

Curved shower curtain rod for curved tub....

There are a lot of rods out there, but most of them if not all of them are adjustable, and who lknows what they are made of. I found a stainless one a while back that costs about 80 bucks, but cannot find it again. What I want is a one piece stainless steel rod with mounts that will be for a...
  13. Pmaru77

Here is another problem that occured which I thought was interesting....

Yeah, I guess we won't know for sure. But I thought I would share my experience. I cannot remember if the water was going down the overflow tube, but I had a plumber there and he quickly blamed the leak on the bad wax ring and the water continually running. It took two things to go bad. If...
  14. Pmaru77

Here is another problem that occured which I thought was interesting....

If you put your ear to the toilet reservoir, you could barely hear the water passing through the valve(water line). Also, there was no sign of water entering the toilet turd target.
  15. Pmaru77

Valve layout for tub/shower??????????

I took liberty and bent the rules. Why? because I can. My valve is at 44" and that is tough crap if someone has to reach the valve to add more water to the tub. By the time I sell the joint, I'll be 6 ft under most likely. Like I said 99% showers, 1% tub. I don't care about the next owners.
  16. Pmaru77

Is it illegal or bad practice to join 2 drain pipes.........

I got lucky and forgot to glue the final ABS connection. When I realigned the piping, all was good so I glued her in place and I'm done. Thnx. No coupling added.
  17. Pmaru77

Installing shower head far from valve

"The tub spout is to be no less than 6 inches and no greater than 11 inches below the valve." Why is there a restriction of no greater than 11" below the valve? You have me worried. I installed the valve higher to make showering easier. My tub spout is 20" below the valve. Installation...
  18. Pmaru77

Installing shower head far from valve

I don't see anything wrong with that. Just plug the bottom outlet for the tub. Then it's just a simple valve. But I'm no expert.
  19. Pmaru77

Is it illegal or bad practice to join 2 drain pipes.........

I have 1 1/2" abs drain coming off a shower/bath. The drain is ABS and glued where there is no slip fit or compression fittings. I'm concerned that it may be too rigid and a good earthquake may cause a crack or failure. I was thinking of putting in a rubber 1 1/2" coupling on the horizontal...
  20. Pmaru77

How to prepare for replacement shower drain

I use an "Inside pipe cutter" made by Brass Craft. It is bascally a cutter about 1.5" in diameter and has a shaft that you put on a drill chuck. Stuff a rag down the drain so if the cutter comes off your drill, you are not screwed. You basically cut out the drain from inside the tube. It is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks