Search results

1. J

Closet flange install in basement floor

Thank you for the responses. I screwed it down with tapcons. Drilling through the cermic tile was not easy.
  2. J

I got to thinking about this. I don't really understand why the flange would need to be screwed down. The flange is glued to 4 inch PVC which is encased in the concrete floor. I don't think it's going to move. I guess I am not looking forward to trying to drill 4 holes through cermic tile...
  3. J

Thank you Thank you for your responses, Jack
  4. J

More information The PVC pipe is 4 inch and I have a inside fit closet flange. The pipe is cut level with the tile, but when I try to dry fit the flange, it does not sit flat on the floor (maybe 1/8 inch above). I used a little bit of vaseline (which I will clean off completely before gluing)...
  5. J

I need to istall a closet flange for a basement toilet. There is cermic tile already istalled around the PVC pipe in the floor. My question is - If the flange is glued in and sitting flush on top of the tile, is that all I need to do to secure the flange? Should I also use masonary screws...
  6. J

2 inch trap for bathtub to reduce clogging?

What about replacing the hand tightented drain / overflow assembly with solvent glued assembly? I am finishing my basement and I won't have access to it in the future. I had read somewhere that you shouldn't use hand tightened assemblies inside enclosed walls. Thanks, Jack
  7. J

2 inch trap for bathtub to reduce clogging?

I am considering replacing the trap and drain/overflow assembly for a tub/shower because of frequent clogging. I have access to everything from my unfinished basement, so it shouldn't be to difficult to do. The current drain / overflow assembly is one of those with hand tightended...
  8. J

How to replace a copper fitting close to another fitting

Sorry for the duplicate post. I posted this in the remodel forum when I should have posted in plumbing. I am working on a basement finish and I have just completed installing ¾ inch hot and cold copper supply lines for a new bathroom. I installed shutoffs before putting in the supply lines...
  9. J

Sanitary Tee Height

I will be coming in horizontally and I will tie into an existing vent that goes through the roof. The local plumbing inspector stopped by this afternoon to look at what I am doing and he suggested using a wye fitting with a street elbow instead of the sanitary tee. That would save me about 6...
  10. J

Sanitary Tee Height

I am finishing my basement and installing a bar. The 2 inch drain for the bar sink has a long distance to travel to tie in with existing DWV stack - 52 feet. So, by my calculation I need 13 inches of slope (1/4 inch per foot) over that whole distance. The attached floor plan shows the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks