Search results

1. GAM

Toilet bowl loss of water

Thanks for the good advice.
  2. GAM

That is very interesting! I had a "handyman" who does has extensive experience in the construction trades install my new toilet. Would you recommend I call him back and pull the new toilet? I could test the bowl for leaks, and we could rule out the wax ring if and when the toilet is...
  3. GAM

Did your situation arise from "nowhere"? I've have 3 toilets in my townhouse condo - 2 upstairs and one on the main floor. The one one the main floor is the problematic one. I've lived there for over 10 years, with never a problem until just this past fall, when I began the water level lowering...
  4. GAM

Thanks Gary. I have essentially came to the same conclusion, time to call in the pros. I take it that companies with roto or rooter in their name are NOT pros... Do you have any suggestions on how to locate a "pro"?
  5. GAM

I'm not sure, I haven't tried flushing one toilet while looking at the one in question. I'll try it. If it does swish around, what might that indicate? I suspect your question about windy days has to do with the vent. I've ruled out any vent problems, since the other toilets work fine, and they...
  6. GAM

Thanks for the thought, but no, I don't have a dehumidifier. The water level in the bowl is lower after just a few hours. Over night it is down considerably. I think think I might have a blockage down line. Would it make sense to buy an auger at Home Depot, if they sell one? I don't have the...
  7. GAM

I replaced the toilet with a new one, and have the same problem with the new one. I am doubtful both have cracked bowls...
  8. GAM

I am not sure. I did try the store product, RIT I believe. It didn't work. I will need to call a plumber, unless I could rent or pick up an auger at Home Depot. What do you suggest?
  9. GAM

It's only about 5 bucks. Not much to lose. I don't know for sure that I have blockage, but it sounds likely.
  10. GAM

Thank you for your time! I'm going to try first a blockage removal product for septic tanks. It's cheaper than hiring an plumber with an auger. What do you think?
  11. GAM

I may have found the answer! I just spoke with a business associate, and he had the exact same thing happen to him, not once, but TWICE! He experienced one toilet bowl water level fine, while one lost water - they were on the same floor! Another occasion, he said the toilets upstairs were fine...
  12. GAM

The wind theory is an interesting one. I live on a hill, where it is windy at times. However, my two other toilets do not lose any water. Aren't they all vented to the same vent? Also, this phenomenon just started a few months ago. I've lived there several years, but never had this problem. No...
  13. GAM

I've lived here for over 10 years, and this problem only recently came about, so I'm pretty sure it isn't related to the floor not being level. The water level lowers even when the toilet has not been flushed. I can add water to the bowl (without flushing), and it will still lower. I thought...
  14. GAM

I have problems with my toilet bowl losing water, too. Since my floor is dry, and there is no water stains on the lower floor (garage ceiling), I also thought I had a cracked bowl. I replaced the entire toilet with a new one, and I am still losing water! What's weird is that I don't even have to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks