Search results

1. Mickeytex

DIY Again

x2 on the good post. I think more DIYers would get permits and inspections if they knew they were working with someone like you. As a DIYer, i personally love the learning part construction and I appreciate any good info i can get.
  2. Mickeytex

How to Make Website?

Then you might as well do as Terry says and use MS word (or any word processor) and when you go to save, save as html. Generally when you pay for a hosting service they will have some info on how their website is structured. I haven't gone this route much since when i need to host a web page...
  3. Mickeytex

Cutting an installed cabinet

Thanks everyone who responded. I was thinking a rotozip would be the best but wanted to confirm. Guess I get to add another tool to my arsenal. I'll need it anyway when i do some drywalling. HJ - I definitely need to check to see if the wall drain runs vertical. I think it does since...
  4. Mickeytex

Cutting an installed cabinet

So i am thinking about putting a deeper kitchen sink in which poses a problem because it would lower the disposal/sink plumbing 2" which would mean the rough in drain line is too high. Don't mind going into the wall and dropping the "T" but was wondering what the pros use to cut a hole in back...
  5. Mickeytex

Flange issue

I think the 45* bend puts me where I want, of course when i open the floor, we'll see how everything lines up. Terry, thanks for the spec on the water supply...i was thinking that i may have to move it over some. Looks like i have workable plan...of course all plans change. I will be...
  6. Mickeytex

Flange issue

Thanks for the info. Is it within code to use a closet bend right next to a 45* bend?
  7. Mickeytex

Flange issue

I don't understand the reluctance to help. I certinaly don't want a hack up either, that's why I am asking pros on this forum. Keep in mind that I have not commited..heck, haven't even busted a piece of concrete yet. Just thought you all could help brainstorm. I am not sure how a pro would...
  8. Mickeytex

Flange issue

Let me ask a few questions... 1) what is the code restrictions for a flange...how far away from a back wall (12"?) and an ajoining wall. 2) what is the min size of pipe for a toilet waste line. 3) Are there any restrictions, both code wise and professional opinion, on types of bends...
  9. Mickeytex

Flange issue

I was hoping you could help from the above picture with the black line (symbolizing the pipe) extending from the flange to the wall. Wondering if i put a 45* as close to the back wall as possible then run that into a closet bend to run it to the verticle up to the flange. Pic below. All lines...
  10. Mickeytex

Flange issue

$500...just over the phone estimate. Reasonable but thinking i can do it for a lot less. Any idea on best place to cut the old pipe and rough in a new one? Wondering what would be be the best path.
  11. Mickeytex

Flange issue

Bump. Anyone have some ideas?
  12. Mickeytex

Flange issue

After getting an estimate...i think i am going to tackle this myself. Before I chip away some concrete, I want to get some advice on how to run the new line. Attached is a picture with my fabulous photoshop skills. I have drawn how the pipe runs under the subfloor. What is the best way to...
  13. Mickeytex

Flange issue

Thanks for the replies. So i figured you might say that I will need to bust up some concrete. So now i think my options are as follows: 1) hire a plumber....any idea how much a job like this costs? 2) bust up the concrete myself and redo the plumbing myself. So in my previous house I...
  14. Mickeytex

Flange issue

Oh, by the way, I already removed the cast-iron offset flange. Interesting thing is that it looks to have been leaded on. Now I don't understand how it could be leaded on, when the piping in the slab looks to be plastic....
  15. Mickeytex

Flange issue

Hey, new to the boards thought I'd ask a question. Here is my situation. Working on putting in some wood floors in a half bath. As part of this process I am replacing the toilet and putting in a pedestal sink. It's just a half bath so not concerned about water with the wood floor. Since...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks