Search results

1. A

Email from landlord about bathtub leaking to condo below

I agree. The tub needs to be fixed. Who knows how many people have flooded the ceiling and basement before we got there. The building inspector (plumbing division) is coming on Wednesday morning. We wanted the health inspector in to check for mold, but they don't do that because there's no...
  2. A

We LOVE the idea of filling the tub and enjoying a hot soak. The question is who is responsible for the damage that will likely result? Keeping in mind that the landlord has already informed us of the problem.
  3. A

Thanks, Gary. She said she'd terminate the lease if we agree to pay rent until someone else is found. This is probably going to very quickly turn into a legal battle when it doesn't have to. We will call the inspectors, get official reports and go from there. It blows my mind that she would...
  4. A

update re: landlord Hi everyone. Landlord clearly sought legal counsel. We got an email today saying that nothing is a violation of the Warranty of Habitability and that she has no duty to repair anything. She then changed her story and wrote that the "so called flood" was small and could be...
  5. A

Thanks everyone for the responses! I especially enjoyed the comment about the DNA test! I spoke with a legal advisor today to see how it is best to proceed. We requested that the landlord have a licensed plumber come in to fix the tub as well as a home/health inspector come in to check for...
  6. A

I believe we are responsible for repairs during our time in the unit if we are responsible for damage. This is a plumbing issue. This is far beyond what a tenant would be responsible for.
  7. A

Thank you for your responses. I agree that this definitely should have been mentioned to us. I am very upset that it was not, especially since we asked a LOT of questions before moving in and she had ample opportunity to inform us of this. We'll be seeking legal counsel to break the lease...
  8. A

Hi all, I received an email from my landlord informing me of a few "minor glitches" in the plumbing system. This email comes 24 days after we moved in. She knew about these problems and is mentioning them now. I am wondering how the condo passed inspection if these things are wrong, how...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks